Reload this Page >

Duke's Hotel or Brown's Hotel? Help?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 02:42 PM
Diane Mac

For those of you who have stayed at either, please help me decide which one should I choose to stay at for three nights at the end of January. Please tell me what you liked or didn't like about the hotel/room. If you have a specific favorite room there, please let me know. Thanks for the info.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 02:50 PM
kate

I would go back to Dukes in a minute! We had a room facing the courtyard, I believe. It was years ago, but the service was faaaabulous and the room was lovely. It is a great location, can't beat it

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 04:25 PM
Kim

I agree with the last poster. I have never stayed at Brown's, but we stayed at Duke's last May. Our room was very nice and had a great bathroom with marble tiling, towel warmer & power shower. Duke's also has a wonderful location - near the Green Park tube stop, Fortnum & Mason & is only a short walk from Buckhingham Palace.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 04:34 PM
Natalie

I stayed at Brown's and really enjoyed it. It's a classic landmark hotel. Good history, nice accomodations and don't forget the famous afternoon tea = )

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 04:36 PM
Virginia

I suspect you can't go wrong with either. I've never stayed at Duke's; but everything other posters have raved about there, I could rave about from the times I've stayed at Brown's.<BR>Which ever you choose, have a wonderful time.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 06:53 PM
Diane Mac

Are the bedrooms at Duke's tiny?

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 07:27 PM
Patrick

Duke's was the first hotel I ever stayed at in London -- about 15 years ago. It was the tiniest room I've ever had in any hotel, but it was simply beautiful. However, I understand those tiny rooms are now all singles. The doubles are all larger, but I doubt spacious. Everything else about the hotel was wonderful (except maybe the price). After one night, the bartender greeted me by name each evening and asked if I wanted my &quot;usual&quot;. The place is a class act all the way.