Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Help! The Rembrandt or Gore Hotel instead of K&K George Hotel?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had made up my mind to stay at the K & K George Hotel on my 9 day trip to London based on the good price and favorable reviews but now I'm reading some negative comments and I'm getting cold feet. Has anyone had a recent stay at either the Gore Hotel or The Rembrandt Hotel. Cleanliness is a major concern. Any information would be appreciated...or maybe someone could give me a little moore information about the K & K George.
Old Oct 8th, 2006, 10:12 PM

Topping...

I've stayed at a couple of K+K Hotels in Austria and "clean" should be their middle name, but hopefully you can get some first hand comments for this one.

I know I've seen comments here for the Gore and Rembrandt, so perhaps you could try a search.

All the best to you.
Old Oct 9th, 2006, 01:31 AM

I've stayed at the Rembrandt & it was clean with a good breakfast & the location is great as well as a reasonable price. I haven't stayed at the others.
Old Oct 9th, 2006, 08:48 AM

I stayed at the Gore a couple of years ago and clean would be an understatement, it's a very nice hotel, one of those where you feel like you are stepping back in time when you enter. Some of the rooms may be small, I can't remember if I had a standard deluxe room or just a regular double but it was very pretty and quite roomy.
Old Oct 9th, 2006, 05:55 PM

I stayed at the Rembrandt last week. They are undergoing a renovation. Most work done but could be noisy. We were in room 669 that was redone and very nice.
Old Nov 3rd, 2006, 08:00 PM

I also stayed at the Rembrandt in October. I thought it was nice although it was free so what could we complain about. Although the breakfast was good, I would not have paid the asking price for it. If it comes with the room then it is a deal. The shower walls were missed, otherwise the room was quite clean. The location for us couldn't have been better. It is just a few minutes walk to the subway and has a bus stop right out front. It is located just a few blocks away from Harrods and the Kensington museums. The V&A s directly across the street.