Davenport Hotel vs. Burlington Hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I will be in Dublin for two days before making our way to Italy, and I'm having a really difficult time booking a hotel in Dublin. I think I have it narrowed down to two--- O'Callaghan Davenport or the Burlington Hotel.

What are your thoughts? The Burlington is less expensive (only $79 a night on Expedia), but I'm a little afraid of "getting what I paid for." On a recent trip to Santorini, though, we only paid 55 E a night and ended up in a perfectly fine hotel, so I don't want that to be my only reason for not booking..

I'd like to be in a comfortable hotel that's quiet, clean, and safe. I don't think that's asking for too much, but from a lot of reviews, that whole "quiet" thing is what's most difficult!
Old Jul 6th, 2009, 06:44 PM

Don't know about either, but we did stay in an O'Callaghan's hotel last month, Stephen's Green. It was nice, clean, great location. Don't remember what we paid, around 100 euro, maybe a little more. I imagine the four hotels they have in Dublin are similar in quality.

After reading so many Dublin hotel reviews, I ,too was concerned about noise, wondering if we'd ever find a place that wasn't near or above a bar. On the first night, a Thursday, we were awakened by street screamers and someone yelling in the hall at 2:30 am. It was brief, and we went back to sleep. Friday night we heard nothing. So, all in all, a very pleasant experience.
Old Jul 7th, 2009, 04:49 AM

The Burlington is fine, a little less central than the Davenport but probably a bit quieter too. It has changed a bit and is now a "no frills" hotel, don't expect fluffy bathrobes and slippers, but should be fine.

The Davenport is not a bad choice either, but if you're worried that the Burlington would be bad, I'd say you should be OK
Old Jul 7th, 2009, 07:19 AM
Original Poster

Is the Conrad a lot better?
Old Jul 10th, 2009, 04:56 AM

Hard to say if it's a LOT better. It should be better, but given that the others are fine, if you're getting a good deal on them I would go for either of them rather than pay mega bucks for the Conrad.
Old Jul 10th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Original Poster

Thanks! I think we'll go for the Davenport.