Crepes in Paris Any Suggestions

Sep 29th, 2007, 05:57 AM
Original Poster

Crepes in Paris Any Suggestions

Hello there ....
Do any of you have favorite Crepe places to eat crepes? My son is addicted to them!!!
Sep 29th, 2007, 06:00 AM

It might be good to know if we are talking about sit down crêpe restaurants or crêpe stands out on the street.
Sep 29th, 2007, 06:20 AM

Codergrlli,

The crepe stand across from the US Embassy is my favorite place for crepes. I love my banana and nutella crepe. Have a wonderful time in Paris.
Sep 29th, 2007, 06:27 AM

Kerouac is right - would help to know whether you want crêpes from a stand or a Breton style crêperie.

In the latter case, the area around Montparnasse station (particularly rue d'Odessa and rue du Montparnasse) is full of crêperies, where you can have a meal of traditional savoury "galettes" (made from buckwheat flour) followed by sweet crêpes (made from normal wheat flour). My favourite is Crêperie de Josselin on rue du Montparnasse (worth queueing for a table). I also love the crêperie on rue Lepic in Montmartre, called L'Assiette Lepic.
Sep 29th, 2007, 06:34 AM

If you are talking about a Crepes stall, I would mention the one just outside of Saint Germain des Près Métro Station.
Sep 29th, 2007, 12:12 PM
ira

Ditto Marie
Sep 29th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Original Poster

Thanks didn't realize there were crepe stands .. I guess I was thinking of crepe restaurants.....
Sep 30th, 2007, 03:35 AM

There is avery nice creperie in Ile de Louis but I cannot remember the name. I have to agree with the others. The outside crepes with nutella are fabulous.
Sep 30th, 2007, 03:40 AM

I vote with Marie and Ira for the crepe stand right outside the St. Germain des Pres metro station. Wonderful!
Sep 30th, 2007, 05:50 AM

There are a ton of crepe stands on blvd Montparnasse. Some have a stack of ready-made crepes that they fill to order; some make the crepes fresh in front of you. They fold them into a wedge and put them in paper so you can eat them as you walk. We tried one a half block south of Tour Montparnasse, on the south side of blvd Montparnasse. Mine was filled with Nutella--great! They also make breakfast/lunch crepes filled with stuff like eggs, cheese, and ham.
Sep 30th, 2007, 07:06 AM
Slw

There is an outdoor creperie near Notre Dame that is great and the one near the metro at Ste. Germain des Pres is also wonderful. We also love the nutella and banana crepes.
Sep 30th, 2007, 07:41 AM

Le Saresin is a wonderful creperie on Ile St-Louis. I can recommend the pear with darkk chocolate sauce and whipped cream.

There's a very good take out creperie on rue St-Andre-des-Arts.

I've just finished a nutella crepe from the stand at the St-Germain-des-Pres metro.
Sep 30th, 2007, 08:32 AM

Best crepes everytime that I have gone back to Paris are located at the bottom of Sacre Coeur at the corner of the two streets intersecting-cannot miss them as they are a restaurant and takeaway.
If you want a real treat to take home-go to Monoprix and get the packages of crepes with dark chocolate in them near the yoghurt section/refridgerator area. There are usually 4-6 to a package(very reasonable).Put one of those lovelies in the microwave at 20 seconds with whipped cream or ice cream..........magnifique!!! I have brought these home for dinner parties and people have gone wild.
Sep 30th, 2007, 04:26 PM

There's a nice creperie on Rue St. Andre des Arts, by same name, I believe.
Sep 30th, 2007, 05:32 PM

bookmarking
Sep 30th, 2007, 06:02 PM

I prefer the savory ones. Had a good ham and cheese one at a crepe stand on the edge of the Tuilleries, just across from Place de la Concorde. And an even better one from a stand on Rue Cler. We overheard someone saying that the one on Rue Cler had the best crepes in Paris.

We did, however, have very good sweet ones from the aforementioned stand near Notre Dame.
Sep 30th, 2007, 06:14 PM

CAPH52 said:
And an even better one from a stand on Rue Cler. We overheard someone saying that the one on Rue Cler had the best crepes in Paris.

I have to agree! Had an apartment on Rue Cler this pas April and had a nutella crepe there every day! I love crepes and had a sampling all over Paris and the ones on Rue Cler were my favorite.
Sep 30th, 2007, 06:46 PM

I agree with the Rue Cler creperie. Our room overlooked the Rue Cler and my daughter and I loved watching them make fresh crepes from our room across the street. We enjoyed all the crepes we got from the crepe stands around town. From savory (ham and cheese) to Nutella and banana. Walking in Paris couldn't have been more fun!
Sep 30th, 2007, 07:25 PM

All of this reminds me of my junior high school days when I would stuff myself with a 16 francs Nutella-banana crêpe. On glory days, I would add almonds for 2 francs.

Those were very filling, actually. When I was tired of the excessively sugary taste of Nutella, I'd order a more dietetic complète.

I would have recommended to you my crêpe stand with a warm heart - unfortunately, it closed down. It was on Rue Mouffetard, just south of the Place de la Contrescarpe, on the west sidewalk.