Reload this Page >

Copenhagen hotels - Help!

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2002, 05:23 AM
Rachel

Has anyone ever stayed in the following hotels in Copenhagen?<BR><BR>Hotel Richmond<BR>Hotel Ibsens<BR>Hotel Vesterbro<BR><BR>Any comments would be greatly appreciated!<BR>Thanks.

Old May 8th, 2002, 07:09 AM
Joe

Rachel: Stayed at the Danmark Hotel; three star, great location (two blocks to Stroget and Tivoli, nicely decorated rooms, very freindly/helpful staff, good breakfast. Get an upper floor room with view to the back of the hotel. Your view will be over the roof tops of the old town. Copenhagen is fun. Don't miss Rosenborg Castle, National Museum, Tivoli at night as well as day, Frederiksborg Castle and Roskilde. There is more of course, but these aee the musts. The last two are each 30 minutes out of the city and can be done together in one day. Have a gtreat trip.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 09:07 AM
Rachel

Just in case anyone is looking for info on the First Hotel Vesterbro - we stayed there and it was great. The rooms were nice, and it was probably the most comfortable bed I ever slept in (at a hotel, anyway). Very friendly staff, and it was in a great location - a couple of blocks from the Central Station and Tivoli. I would recommend the hotel to anyone.

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 09:54 AM
Dina

What is the best area of Copenhagen to stay in?

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 11:04 AM
Louisa

I stayed at the Astoria Hotel a number of years ago. It was in a central location (walking or short bus ride to most things) and was on the same square as the city hall. It was clean, lovely, and relaxing to stay there. Highly recommended.<BR><BR>Happy travels and good luck!<BR><BR>Louisa

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 11:40 AM
tom o

particularly if you are getting into copenhagen in the morning, go the the tourist office (across from the train station) and see what last-minure rooms they are selling---around the city hall is good (danmark, etc.) or over by Nyhavn

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 08:23 AM
Dina

Tom,<BR>I was going to book from the US to guarantee I have a room but than be able to cancel when I ge tto copenhagen.