Hotel Opera in Copenhagen??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2003, 09:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Opera in Copenhagen? They've got a good rate for when I will be there. From what I can tell it seems to be well located, so I'm kind of wondering what the rooms are like.<BR><BR>Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 10:41 AM

Sorry, Buster. I don't have anything definitive; I stayed there for 2 nights in 1999 and the first room they put me in was a little tattered and the toilet ran over . . . I complained and to their credit they moved me to another room that was very nice.<BR><BR>I ordinarily stay at the Radisson Scandinavia because they give me a great rate. By the way, it's hard to have a bad location in Copenhagen (with the possible exception of near the train station).
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 12:01 PM

Check the rates at www.palace-hotel.dk<BR>It is right on the City Hall Square. I have stayed there three times in the last 14 months. A friend came down from Oslo to see me at Christmas. She stayed at the Opera, but thought my room at the Palace was much nicer. Boots
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 12:40 PM

Buster: We stayed at the Hotel Danmark which is very well located about two short blocks from the Stroget, two longer blocks from Tivoli Gardens and across the street from the City Hall. If you get an upper level room, fourth or fifth floor, and to the back of the hotel. you will have a great view over the roof-tops of old Copenhagen. Nice rooms, freindly staff, good breakfast, etc.<BR>If you do a search on &quot;Sweden&quot;, you will see my answer to your earlier questions about Southern Sweden, or, it is about number 77 right now.
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 04:16 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies! Snoopy, that's kind of what I was afraid of. The rate is much, much cheaper than other 3 star hotels, so I was a little suspicious. I guess I'll keep looking. Thanks for the recommendations...<BR><BR>Any other recommendations would be great!
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 05:28 AM

I've stayed at the Kong Frederick, a great location and the rooms were very nice . . . on the old side - but not shabby - billed as an English style hotel. Dark paneling, great restaurant.<BR><BR>The Neptune and the Sophie Amalie in Nyhavn are both nice as well, although I've got the same experience at both spots that I had at the Opera.<BR><BR>Which actually leads me back to the SAS Scandinavia. It's a business hotel to be sure, but the lobby is very lively, the rooms are nice and have a good view of the city (city facing rooms of course) and the breakfast buffet is outstanding. The knock on the hotel is that it's about a mile from city center and there's not much in the way of &quot;Old Denmark&quot; in the hotel.