Need hotel help in Copenhagen

Old Jun 22nd, 2003, 03:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need hotel help in Copenhagen

Has anyone stayed at the Savoy Hotel in Copenhagen? We will be staying in Copenhagen for one night (have to change planes - arrive in late afternoon but don't leave until noon the following day). Any suggestions for centrally located hotel, for around $150-175.
Old Jun 22nd, 2003, 07:25 PM

I stayed at the Falconer Hotel when I was in Copenhagen. It was 4 years ago but the hotel was in a great location, centrally located and very charming I think it should still be in your price range.
All the SAS (Radisson) hotels are well located and well priced in the city. Falconer in my opinion was the best of the lot.
Hope that helps.
Old Jun 22nd, 2003, 07:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
The Arnie Jacobsen designed Radisson SAS Royal Hotel at Hammerishgade 1 has great specials on its website, a killer location across from Tivoli Gardens, and while the outside looks like the 60's tower block it is, the inside is another story. It is incredible, and the buffet breakfast is nothing to sneeze at either.
Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:42 AM
pep

Any views from anyone on Sophie Amalie as to location, quality, etc.? Thanks
Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:54 AM

Surfergirl, if you do sneeze at the buffet breakfast, please, cover your mouth.
Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 09:39 AM
Bootman4U

I thought the only thing right across from Tivoli is the main railroad station...or perhaps you're talking about the back entrance?

Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 11:05 AM

Bootman4U
That's the side entrance that looks out on the RR station. The front entrance faces the Radisson; the other side entrance the City Hall, and the back entrance the Ny Carlsberg Glyptothek.
Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 02:07 PM

No comment on the Savoy.

The Kong Frederick is centrally located, and is a very nice hotel and for 150-175 you can get a standard rated room. It's an older (not "shabby older") English hotel.

The SAS Royal is also very nice and 150-175 would be at the low end of their room rates. I think they've got some summer specials available through their web site.

The Falconer is a nice hotel, but its about 3/4 of a mile or more from what I'd call central Copenhagen. If you were going to consider the Falconer, Id recommend the Scandinavia. The lobby bar is more active and there's a casio.

The Sophie Amalie is in a good location - near Nyhavn, Amelienborg Palace . . . and it was just renovated (Jan 2000). I had a bad experience with the management there, so I couldn't recommend it.

I see people recommending the Danmark a lot. I didn't like it. The rooms are too small (Im over 6 feet tall and over 230 pounds.)

I think Scala is actually right across the street from the front entrance to Tivoli and the Royal is a block or so west.

I'd recommend the Kong Frederick . . .

http://www.remmen.dk/kongfrederik/index.htm

that is of course someone you know has recommended the Savoy personally.
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 04:34 PM

We stayed at the Kong Arthur. It is near/across from the Peblinge lakes and near the Norreport train station.Rooms were nice, breakfast was great, staff was friendly and very helpful. It was only a 10-15 walk from town but easy, safe and quick. Let's you stay a little furthur out (quiet)without needing any other transportation.