Considering renting from sleepinitly.com

Feb 13th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Original Poster

Considering renting from sleepinitly.com

I will be in Rome next month (March) I am considering putting down a deposit on a listing for a B&B in Viale Trastevere that is available from sleepinitaly.com. Does anyone have any information/experiences regarding the B&B's from this website? I appreciate any help, thank you!

The link to the B&B I am very tempted to rent.

http://www.sleepinitaly.com/files/bb...rastevere.html

Feb 13th, 2007, 11:31 AM

On SlowTalk.com there was a recent thread that due to various incidents where long-booked apartments were suddenly unavailable, with no reasonable recourse, that SlowTrav was pulling their recommendation of that agency.
Feb 13th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Original Poster

I searched the site and couldn't find anything recent, so far I've only seen positive posts from 2004, can you send a direct link to the message board, I would appreciate it, thank you!
Feb 13th, 2007, 12:37 PM

Luvly76,

Couple years ago my wife and I rented an apartment near the Pantheon in Rome on Via Del Gesu for 4 nights from SleepinItaly. It was all it was advertised to be, well located, nicely and comfortably furnished. Only negative was walking up 4 flights of stairs (we were warned "no lift") to our roof top level unit but well worth it for the view and working off the pasta/wine/etc. A representative for the agency was there to meet us when we arrived and explained how everything worked, location of nearest markets, etc. So for us, a very enjoyable experience and would use them again.

Dick
Feb 13th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Original Poster

WillTravel,

Thanks for the link, I prefer to stay on the safe side and keep looking elsewhere.

Happy traveler (and would like it to stay that way)
Feb 14th, 2007, 04:00 AM

I have booked an apartment with sleepinitaly for next week and so far everything has gone smoothly...I have read good and not so good reviews - but mostly good. I am hoping all will go well.
Feb 14th, 2007, 04:56 AM

My husband and I were in Rome last month for a week and rented an apt with SIL. We had no problems at all. They met us at the arranged time, went over the entire apt and gave me several phone numbers to contact them if anything became an issue. The apt was just what we expected. No issues here.