Rome Apartment--Piazza del Paradiso big

Old Nov 4th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rome Apartment--Piazza del Paradiso big

I am considering some apartments for an upcoming trip to Rome and am seeking specific information about this apartment offered by Sleepinitaly. Its in the Campo dei Fiore and another poster today suggested I specifically reference it in the title of my post. Great idea!
Does anyone know this firsthand by any chance???
Old Nov 5th, 2008, 05:23 AM

I assume you have already read reviews of it here by searching on the name of the apt? Also there should be reviews posted on www.slowtrav.com
Old Nov 5th, 2008, 05:48 AM
Original Poster

There did not appear to be one on that apartment on Slowtrav. Obviously the agency is well respected. I also googled with no luck!
Old Nov 5th, 2008, 01:23 PM

I was looking for first hand info on this apartment too and couldn't find any...hope someone responds to this.

If you stay here please report back!
Old Nov 5th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Original Poster

Believe it or not-- my very talented Fodor's pal found this link despite my best efforts and just sent it to me! Its as close to a review as I've found but it sounds like an endorsement. I'm kind of leaning towards it today<g>

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...2&tid=35124652
Old Nov 6th, 2008, 12:17 PM

Since there are many other Rome apts that get many glowing reviews..why this one?
Old Nov 6th, 2008, 01:02 PM

We stayed here this summer...actually not at the "big" one but at the other Piazza del Paradiso which is on the same floor, just right next door. We absolutely loved this place. It's in the middle of everything (we walked everywhere), our place had 3 floors which was great for our teen-age kids and the restaurant downstairs was wonderful. It's also really close to the market, which we visited every morning. The owners met us on time, provided us everything we needed (plus) and were great.
Old Nov 6th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Original Poster

dtrout-
Thanks for the feedback. Was that one managed by SleepinItaly as well? I couldn't find a reference to it on their website?
Old Nov 7th, 2008, 02:35 AM
Original Poster

Sandi- We had our heart set on the PN or CDF area and sleepinitaly came highly recomended. Even at this advance, many of the apts. I had identified were taken. This one appeals to me - the agency gives it a deluxe rating and it seems a fair assessment of the property.
Posters have said its a great neighborhood--would love to find someone who's already been inside! Pictures look great!
Old Nov 7th, 2008, 01:25 PM

Hi- posting here in case you didn't check back on my thread- we actually ended up renting Apt. Minerva from Sleep in Italy- It's directly across from the Pantheon, and in a fantastic area. The apt. itself was lovely- much nicer than I even expected; but one warning- if you are used to American style air conditioning, you may have problems- this apartment only had air in the bedroom, and even with the windows open, there wasn't any breeze in the main room. The daytime temps were in the high 80's when we were there, and we were uncomfortable at night. Sounds like the places you are looking at may have better facilities-at least as far as air is concerned!
Old Nov 8th, 2008, 03:57 AM
Original Poster

dcliptak thanks for the feedback.