cheap accommodation in rome?

Old Oct 30th, 2005, 04:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cheap accommodation in rome?

my friend and i are going for a short weekend trip to rome in december, we are on a budget and need to find a cheap double room including breakfast for aound €40 per night and is centrally located... ive looked on about a million sites. we're not keen on staying in the Termini station area either! can anybody recommend a nice place???
Old Oct 30th, 2005, 04:42 AM
Doble_Vergasser

If your budget is 40 euro per person(80 euro total per day)., then you could look at Instituto Santa Juliano, which is an accomodation run by the Catholic church. Located very near Piazza Navona.

Old Oct 30th, 2005, 05:27 AM

I don't think you will find a decent place for €40 per night for two adults. I can recommend a nice place from my experience - Hotel Castelfidardo (http://www.hotelcastelfidardo2.com/). We stayed there on October 6-10 (4 nights) for €83 a night breakfast included. The rooms aren't very big, but everything is very clean and the hotel is (reasonably) centrally located (about 7 minutes on foot from Termini station). Anyway we liked it a lot.

Hope it helps,
Oleg.
Old Oct 30th, 2005, 06:04 AM

Doble may be referring to this convent:

Instituto Santa Giulianna Falconieri
Via Calasanzio, 1
Rome 00186
Tel (06) 688 03344
[email protected]

And here's a review by another Fodorite: Instituto Santa Giulianna Falconieri is a wonderful convent run by an American sister from Illinois. We've stayed there at least four times. The location is fantastic, as it is around the corner from Piazza Navona and Campo de Fiori in the historic center of Rome. The nuns serve a continental breakfast. The curfew is midnight, but not strictly enforced now that they have a night guard. The rates in April-May were 80 euros with bath ensuite, 75 with bath immediately outside the room. The convent is immaculate and the nuns are very gracious.

Old Oct 30th, 2005, 06:44 AM

If you're looking for a double room with bath in Rome for 40 euros I think you're simply out of luck. As you can see above - even convents are much more than that.

You might be able to find two bunks in a group room in a hostel for that - but doubt it would be at all central. Perhaps try one of the web sites for students that has details on hostels and other tips on food and transport for super budget travelers.
Old Oct 30th, 2005, 07:01 AM

The closest I've seen in a central location is Hotel Panda. Double, shared bath: 65 euro

http://www.pensionepanda.com/page2.htm
Old Oct 30th, 2005, 07:32 AM
Doble_Vergasser

Thanks Betsy,

My description was only close (not close enough to be really helpful).