Search

CDG to Paris for Group of 10

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2016, 04:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CDG to Paris for Group of 10

Hi

I know transportation options from CDG to Paris is a burned topic already, however I haven't find an answer to my question... so here it is: do you know shuttle buses that could transport 10 people from CDG to Le Kremlin Bicetre?
We are a group of 10, some elderly and even though we have the option of taking RER B or Easybus to Palais Royale we need to do at least one transfer and with luggage it may be a challenge.

Thanks for any insight you could provide.
Old Mar 13th, 2016, 04:41 PM

Contact you hotel and ask them to make a recommendation for a private shuttle the right size. If they don;t know get in touch with the Paris tourist office and ask for recos.
Old Mar 13th, 2016, 06:52 PM

The solution is easy.

Two taxis.

Cost will run about 120 euros ( set taxi fare plus one euro persuitcase on top. )

Doubt you will find a private shuttle for that cheap.
Old Mar 13th, 2016, 08:02 PM

Ps G7 taxis can arrange what you want. Google G7 for website, they have english speaking operators and are reputable.
Old Mar 13th, 2016, 11:35 PM

Private shuttles are known to be unreliable in France.
That is simply a concept we don't adhere to. I'm stil lto see an ad for a private shuttle that is in French...

2 taxis as indicated above. Flat rate of 55 euros from CDG to left bank.
Old Mar 14th, 2016, 01:14 AM

Perhaps two taxis is the best overall solution. However, Le Kremlin Bicetre is not in Paris and the flat rate of 55€ only applies to addresses in Paris.

I would expect to pay closer to 60€ to 70€ per taxi plus 1€ for the second and subsequent bag placed into the trunk and 3€ for the 4th and subsequent passenger.
Old Mar 14th, 2016, 04:41 AM

Correct Sarastro - just one metro station outside Paris.
Thanks for correcting !
Old Mar 14th, 2016, 08:37 AM
Original Poster

Thanks a lot you all for the answers. It seems that taxi is the way to go. I´d just thought we can leverage in the fact that there are 10 of us in order to get a lower cost (via 10 person shuttle for example).
Old Mar 14th, 2016, 08:47 AM

Because of your size, you will be able to find door-to-door taxi service for no more than 15€ a person. That´s not at all bad or overly expensive.

Upon arrival, proceed to the official taxi queue. Do not accept offers from clandestine drivers soliciting from within the terminal. I would have your destination address written on a piece of paper to give to the driver. Taxi drivers are not tipped but you can leave a few euros if he helps with the luggage.
Old Mar 14th, 2016, 09:02 AM

That wouldn't be cheaper than a taxi. There aren't many vans that hold 10 people, that would have to be some bus. Vans only hold up to about 8 people. So I don't think you'll get a 10 person van.

And even the shuttle companies like Supershuttle charge about 100 euro for an 8-person van to go to that location from CDG. And that isn't for 10 people.
Old Mar 14th, 2016, 09:22 AM
Original Poster

Good insight... much appreciated. On that sense, how bad is it really to take the RER from CDG to Le Kremlin? Considering we are just taking backpacks perhaps is doable even for my 80 yrs old father. Is it worthy paying the €120 - €140 for 2 taxis instead of €100 for train?
Old Mar 14th, 2016, 09:59 AM

I am going to take a guess and conclude that you have never done this before. You want to attempt to save 40€ and take 10, some elderly, on what will be a very crowded train and take them through a connection at Châtelet, the busiest transportation hub in Paris, to métro line 7. Then from the métro station at Le Kremlin Bicêtre to your final address. Le Kremlin Bicêtre is a small community, exactly where, once you get to the métro station, is your final destination? It could very well be a long hike, with luggage, once you arrive.

You have received excellent advice by those who know the transportation options well. You will reap no reward in attempting to second guess what has been suggested.
Old Mar 14th, 2016, 11:10 AM

NO, it is definitely NOT worth attempting the RER with the group you describe. I won't even take it as a solo traveler or as a couple, especially as it would involve going through Châtelet, which is the only place in Paris that gives me nightmares.

Just don't do it. Get taxis. If you need help trying to save 40 euros somewhere down the line, I'm sure we can help. Enough. On to the next issue....
Old Mar 14th, 2016, 11:42 AM

acpty--AMEN! "Take taxis."

I totally get your logic. It seems to me there should be a travel agency who would provide that type of transport. Heck there probably is. But still, taxis are ALREADY THERE at the airport; you just don't know if your shuttle will be.

FYI, we are frugal travelers who take full advantage of the metro system, but we gave up on doing it with luggage from CDG eons ago. It was 82F out, we had one connection walk from hell with multiple staircases, and every darn elevator and escalator was broken.

Admittedly, if my hotel happens to be right off of RER B, yeah, I do take the RER (and twice on that line, the escalator out to street level was broken), but still, it's just not you want to do when a) you are jetlagged and b) you are herding 10 people.

The taxi line managers right outside the doors of CDG is pretty darn good at sizing up situations, but I'd still have your group "pre"broken up into parties of 5 before you hit the taxi queue.

Having MULTIPLE index cards with the address of your destination on it is another key idea in the process so that if you must, for some reason, do a 4-4-3 configuration, you are totally prepared.

How thoughtful of you to take this on for the other members of your group.

AZ
Old Mar 14th, 2016, 01:25 PM

Take a taxi.

Save the 20-40 € by ordering tapwater at the restaurant you'll be going. (carafe d'eau).

Some savings are not a good idea.
Old Mar 14th, 2016, 01:35 PM
Original Poster

Guys...

Thanks a lot for all your replies. Definitely TAXI will be the way to go.

@AlessandraZoe... thanks a lot for the ideas to improve the experience at the airport