CDG shuttle to Paris hotel

Feb 3rd, 2011, 12:17 PM
Original Poster

CDG shuttle to Paris hotel

Hi there,

Are there any shared or private shuttle services that people do or don't recommend to get from CDG (Paris) airport to our downtown Eiffel area Paris hotel for 3 people? Is the shuttle probably cheaper than a taxi? Thank you.

Diane12
Feb 3rd, 2011, 12:41 PM

A taxi would be cheaper for 3.
Feb 3rd, 2011, 12:56 PM
mms

Another vote for a taxi. We have used a shared shuttle, a private shuttle, and taxis. Taxis are our choice now. The shared shuttle was fine. The private shuttle was a disaster (Shuttle Inter) and left us stranded on our way home, so needless to say we were very thankful for a nearby taxi. Taxis have yet to strand us, and they are so easy. Especially coming from CDG, you just go out to the taxi line and it moves very quickly. I want to say we paid right around 50 euro from there to the 7th, for 3 of us.
Feb 3rd, 2011, 03:17 PM

too many complaints about shuttles for me and we took a taxi...
I can't handle the thought of making stops (shared shuttle) before getting to my hotel after the long flight; should be 50 60 euros or so to central Paris
Feb 4th, 2011, 04:41 AM

Another vote for a taxi. My wife and I took one to the Marais district from CDG and the fare was €43. The only snag is rush hour traffic which might hold you up and therefore it would cost more.
Feb 4th, 2011, 05:05 AM

Knowing about the many problems with reliability of shuttles, I could not in good faith recommend your taking one. A taxi will most likely cost less (around 45€ to 50€) and will be only a very short walk to the curb from baggage claim. Do not accept a ride from solicitors within the terminal, go to the official taxi queue and have your destination address written on a piece of paper to hand to the driver. This avoids any confusion.

Many taxis now accept credit cards. If you want to pay by CC, let that be known before you get in.
Feb 4th, 2011, 05:18 AM

I always take a taxi as there are no conceivable mess-ups other than traffic and detours, which would be problematic for a shuttle as well.
Feb 4th, 2011, 07:14 AM

I'm afraid I've forgotten the name of the shuttle service I booked and prepaid a few years back. Our flight was late and the driver: a. never checked the flight times, b. waited an hour and left and c. wouldn't come back at all because it was his dinner time. They charged my credit card though. We took a cab to town. The RER works just fine and it doesn't cost 40-50 euro.
Feb 4th, 2011, 07:20 AM

If doing Eiffel area and three people, for sure taxi.
Feb 4th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Original Poster

Thank you very much for all of the replies and assistance. I think we will definitely be taking a taxi based on the overwhelming support for one. I have just joined Foders and I really appreciate all of the help. I think these forums will help us plan our trip better. Thank you.

Sincerely yours,

Diane
Feb 4th, 2011, 07:35 AM

You get brownie points for that sweet post. Ask for anything else and we're yours.