Reload this Page >

budget positano....an oxymoron

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30th, 2004, 02:45 PM
euroenvy

am i confused??... want to stay first part of june but the villa rosa is not answering(I guess full) the miramare is full but will put me up in the annex for 260$$ (Think Im going to faint!)dont want to stay on the beach but up near the road not on top of the hill ..legs are shot ...should I give up and try for sorrento....want gardens and killer view ....any ideas??? yeah I know it's the killer tourist site at a primo price...what to do.. need something for 150$

Old Nov 30th, 2004, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check out IRA'S posts about Praiano, which is only two towns away from Positano and much less pricey. Can't remember the name of the hotel he's stayed at there, but as I remember it, the hotel had wonderful views and is on a decent bus line.

Of course you can also check out hotels in Sorrento, but it just isn't as beautiful and charming as Positano and environs.

Good luck!
Old Nov 30th, 2004, 05:07 PM

Just wanted to add that many hotels will not respond until after the new year, maybe later. Not hearing from them now does not necessarily mean they are full. Keep trying, call directly if necessary.
Old Nov 30th, 2004, 05:14 PM

I second weadles suggestion to call directly. I always make my arrangements that way, and always have good results. I think the hotel Ira stayed at is Onda Verde.
Old Nov 30th, 2004, 05:36 PM

I second the recommendation to look at Praiano.

We stayed there in September at Le Sirene (Ira's recommendation) and found it delightful, and a terrific bargain!

http://www.lesirene.com/

The views are fabulous, but the town is much less congested and hectic than Positano. Check it out!
Old Nov 30th, 2004, 06:52 PM

Look at La Tartana in Positano.
Old Nov 30th, 2004, 07:24 PM
euroenvy

thank you good advice!!!

Old Nov 30th, 2004, 11:10 PM

There are really alot of places to stay in Positano which are in your price range. There are many places that don't even get mentioned here on Fodors and some that are listed here under hotels.

You could stay at an apartment in Positano for your price range too.
Old Dec 1st, 2004, 05:54 AM
ira

Hi euro,

We very much enjoyed our week at the Le Sirene in Prainao.

Have you looked up Positano hotels at www.venere.com?
Old Dec 13th, 2004, 07:53 PM
euroenvy

another poster said they are all filled for june at the villa rosa so did some more searching and found the villa gabrisa it is on the road so I am concerned about the noise but the price is 140 E There are only 3 standard rooms so its more like a B&B so not a lot of feedback. checked out the Le Sirene with the naked mermaids It would be great for a longer more relaxed stay....

Old Dec 14th, 2004, 11:24 PM
awbaker

I stayed in the Miramare last August after having spent way too many hours debating Positano hotels! We LOVED the hotel, but while we were there, we also walked through The Marincanto, which had been another top choice. It was VERY lovely, and you might want to contact them -- seems to be in your price range. There have been only been a few reviews on them here, although they were quite good. Here is the website, although only the italian version works. http://www.marincanto.it/index.html

Old Dec 15th, 2004, 10:10 AM

OK, Ira, now we know why you tout La Sirene all the time.....naked mermaids, hmmmmm. Tell us the whole story, Ira.
Old Dec 15th, 2004, 11:48 AM
ira

Go to www.lesirene.com,SU.