bourgogne-montana

Search

bourgogne-montana

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8th, 2004, 09:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bourgogne-montana

I am going to Paris on June 20-22 from Nice. I am planning to stay at bourgogne-montana hotel. Any experiencec with this hotel ?
Old Jun 10th, 2004, 08:39 PM

If you do a word search by typing in the name of this hotel in the upper box I bet you will have luck. I remember seeing this name come up in the past, bu? have never stayed there. Good luck.
Old Jun 10th, 2004, 11:08 PM

I hope you have a good stay. The Michelin guide still gives it a good rating but a few posters here have not had happy experiences. The location is a bit quiet--you are near the French national assembly. There is a wonderful (and expensive) gift store next to the hotel and a couple of cafe/restaurants nearby. Please let us know how you rate your stay there.
Old Jun 11th, 2004, 05:06 AM

DO NOT go to this hotel under any circumstances! Unless they've changed significantly in the last two years, the hotel is in need of a major renovation, and most of the rooms are shabby at best. I could go on and on about the broken elevator, the rude front desk, the fact that many of the area restaurants close up tight for the night at 9 PM, but I think you get the idea. You'd be much better off elsewhere!
Old Jun 11th, 2004, 11:28 AM

Tripadvisor.com has four recent, very positive reviews about the hotel. Perhaps things changed when the new manager came on board
Old Jun 11th, 2004, 04:48 PM

I read the Tripadvisor.com reviews with great interest. None of the reviews matched our terrible experiences at the hotel two years ago, but it's very possible of course that things have changed dramatically with the new manager, and if so, hurrah! If you do end up staying at Bourgone-Montana, please post again. I'd love to hear your comments. Thanks!
Old Jun 11th, 2004, 04:57 PM

We stayed at this hotel two years ago, and the rooms were not 5-star, but certainly not shabby (we had 2 rooms), the front desk reps were the nicest people we met in Paris. The elevator worked great, though it was the smallest one I have seen to date-two people or one person and a bag at a time. We were done with dinner and on to more interesting things by 9, so I don't know about that. My entire family agrees that we would stay there again.