Notices

booking a ticket for the Opera Garnier

Old Jan 7th, 2011, 12:20 PM
kja
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
booking a ticket for the Opera Garnier

I've been trying to book a ticket for a performance of the Bolshoi ballet at the Opera Garnier, but have had no success. If I'm reading the information on the web-site correctly (link below), the tickets were to have gone on sale on the 3rd. I've been trying several times a day since, but don't see an option for purchasing a ticket. Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions? Thanks!

http://www.operadeparis.fr/cns11/liv...y1.php?lang=en
Old Jan 7th, 2011, 12:47 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
no, it does say that yet doesn't allow you to book them online yet.

Why don't you wait a few days, it's only a couple days past that.
Old Jan 7th, 2011, 01:19 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Have you gone on their site and set up an account yet? You will need that to buy a ticket online.

I purchased tickets for a performance the day they went on sale and had no problem. You will need your account number and password, if I remember correctly. The other thing to be aware of is that you will be "on the clock" once you choose seats so you will want to check some of the seating charts to know what you want ahead of time. I just logged on and was able to see tickets available for what you want.

You are correct that they went on sale January 3...sign up for an account and you should be able to purchase the tickets you want.
Old Jan 7th, 2011, 02:06 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well, I have an account and I couldn't see them nor book them. There is no clickable link to do that (it is a big B) and if you go into the booking section and ask for May performances, it does not list it, either. I have an account and cannot see them for sale. Sure, you can see the date for the Bolshoi on the calendar, but you cannot click on any link to buy them because there isn't one. There is supposed to be a big B in an orange circle next to the name of the ballet. In any case that's what I see (or rather do not see next to the BOlshoi, not on any date they are there). Perhaps denisea can explain in what section and how she could buy them and what she clicks on and where.
Old Jan 7th, 2011, 02:09 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You have to click on Calendar first. Here's the page with the clickable B:

http://www.operadeparis.fr/cns11/liv...20110501000000
Old Jan 7th, 2011, 02:30 PM
kja
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have now opened an account. I have a sense of where I would like to sit. (I'm thinking 1st loge, near the center if possible - is that a good choice?)

But I still cannot find a page that lets me book the Bolshoi! I've tried several ways of getting there - including clicking on the link StCirq supplied, and I see ways to book tickets for other things, but not the Bolshoi.
Old Jan 8th, 2011, 03:31 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
First log in with your last name and account number ( I did this from the link in the OP)

Then under calendar (at the top) go to May 2011, then click on The Bolshoi Ballet on the date you want, then look to the left under the May calendar and you will see a link to www.arop-opera.com and it should take you to a screen that will let you buy tickets (it is different than the usual ticker purchase for the opera site, which is why the orange Booking circle isn't there).

Use the arrows to the right to scroll down to see the ticket categories and prices. Purchase from there.

Good luck with it.that's about all the tech support I can provide.
Old Jan 8th, 2011, 06:42 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BOOKMARK
Old Jan 8th, 2011, 07:47 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Toward the center is a good idea - the view of the stage can be restricted from the wings, especially at higher levels.

Also, it can be difficult to get to seats in the rear rows.

I'm not sure, but it may be that ticket sales online are delayed for a while - I think I recall that when we saw Giselle a couple of years ago.
Old Jan 9th, 2011, 11:38 AM
kja
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I really appreciate all this help, but the link to www.arop-opera.com seems to be for buying tickets for the opening night gala. I still don't see a way to buy a ticket for any other night. I'm hoping that means that no one else can buy one either - maybe I will eventually be able to get one!
Old Feb 21st, 2011, 12:30 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dear kja, I've also tried to do what denisea suggested following all those steps, but I just had the same result as you did. The tickets offered are only for the opening premiere night. I hope also no one else were able to buy tickets to Bolshoi's performance. Meanwhile, i'm checking almost daily at Opera Garnier's website. Let me know when you have any success.
Old Feb 22nd, 2011, 11:27 AM
kja
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'll do that, Patricia_Rangel; and please let me know if you have success! I am under the impression that the performances are sold out - see

http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...ris-in-may.cfm
Old Feb 22nd, 2011, 04:48 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi kja,
I must not believe that is true... I've been checkin it out every single day... Anyway, if have news about it, send me a message! Thank you!