COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Premier League Match - Fulham v Liverpool

Old Dec 19th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Original Poster

I'll be in London in May and I have my eye on Fulham v Liverpool on May 7. But how do I book tickets? Searching around on the internet and on the team sites, it seems like they don't offer tickets this far in advance. The only exception being a hospitality river boat cruise and meal and booze etc that also includes match day tickets (but it doesn't say where the seats are). Any words of wisdom?
Old Dec 20th, 2010, 03:32 AM

You can always find hospitality packages, but they do come at a price, whether run by the club or by outside agencies.

Fulham is one of the smaller grounds in the league and Liverpool one of the better crowd pullers, so there is the problem. You cannot buy tickets from the club on the day, only from ticket touts outside, but they will charge high prices. Fulham's website will allow you to buy hospitality from them, but it appears to start at £205 pp. It also has a boat cruise available, as the Thames runs right past the ground.

I doubt if you will be able to get tickets as a chance offering as I don't think that they'll go on open sale. Register with the site and keep an eye on the updates as it gets nearer to the date. It's probably the only way to be in with a chance.
Old Dec 24th, 2010, 01:51 AM

I wanted to take my son to a Manchester United match 2 years ago and the only way I could see to get guaranteed tickets was to get a hospitality package including dinner at the stadium. Very pricey, but the whole purpose of the trip was to attend the match. It was worth it. You could see what sections the hospitality package ticket seats were in, but not the exact seat, as I recall.
Old Dec 24th, 2010, 02:35 AM

You need to be aware that Manchester United's stadium holds 76200 whilst Fulham's holds 25200.

All the more reason to book early.
Old Dec 24th, 2010, 03:03 AM

How many tickets are you trying to get. You can buy from one of the many legit agencies on the web and i see that they are asking about 110 GBP at the moment. If you want a good number of tickets thats going to be expensive. You could join the Fulham membership and then apply for tickets but with such a small ground and it being Liverpool you will probably end up in a draw with several thousand others.
Travelgirl 2 On another note i remember you starting a thread a couple of years ago re your trip to Man U. I was enjoying it and then it just stopped. Any chance of finishing it
Old Dec 24th, 2010, 10:21 PM

eyelids - I will try to see what I can remember, and find the time. best, travelgirl2
Old Dec 26th, 2010, 02:20 AM

eyelids..I'm a season ticket holder at Manchester United (never Man U--Man Utd is OK). If you have any questions I'd be pleased to help.
Old Dec 26th, 2010, 03:00 AM

LIFEMAN. I am also a season ticket holder, have been for many years. I was interested in TRAVELGIRL2 trip report that's all.
I can understand your reluctance with Man U, but most of the younger fans call them this. Seems like the text writing that is shortened by all the younger generation applies here.
By the way, have you been to the marquee that is run by the M.U.S.T. It really is a great way to watch the match.
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the replies! So it sounds like the best way to guarantee seats (looking for 2-4 seats) is to book the hospitality package. This isn't bad, it involves a Thames River booze cruise and a "guest speaker", so that could be fun. If I were staying in London for a lot of weekends I would be more comfortable waiting and just trying to attend any match that I could get. But I'll only be there a weeked or two, so I want something I can book now!

Why can't you say Man U?
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Original Poster

Eyelids: What legit agency are using that has tickets available? Thanks!
Old Dec 30th, 2010, 01:05 AM

eyelids..we are MUST members and wear the green and gold. We sit in North Stand Lower towards the scoreboard end and level with one "cut" of grass beyond the edge of the D.
Old Dec 30th, 2010, 01:09 AM

bfredrick..the term Man U was used in abusive songs from other teams, especially to insult team members who died in the Munich air disaster.

Maybe the texting generation don't know the history of our club, perhaps they ought to study it.