Search

billy elliot

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2006, 04:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
billy elliot

I'm from madrid, and I'll go to london next month. I had doubts of which show to see, an narrowed down to billy elliot or blue man group. I've decided to go an see billy elliot, but now I wonder which are the best seats in than theatre, and which is the best web to get the tickets????
thank you again!!
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 04:43 AM

Call the theatre directly for the best inventory of seats and lowest booking fees...

Also check out http://www.theatremonkey.com/

It has for each show complete venue descriptions and descriptions of the best seats to buy and to avoid.
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 05:11 AM
Neopolitan

The best seats for Billy Elliot next month will be any seats you can possibly get. I wouldn't hold my breath. It's a top show and pretty well sold out, but there may be some available.
Yes. Call the theatre during regular box office type times of say 10 AM and 4 PM.

(44) 207-7834-1317

They will be very helpful in finding you the best seats that might be available. Be ready with your list of dates that might work for you.

Theatre Monkey is a great source for best seat information, but it won't mean a thing to you in this case as there will be very limited choice if any at all.

Old Mar 27th, 2006, 06:01 PM
JN

If leg room is an issue and you are lucky enough to have your choice of sections, consider paying more and getting Stall seats. the balcony seats can be a killer on the knees. Theatremonkey is a great resource about the best/worst seats in any of the London theaters.
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 07:56 PM

Be warned the seats in this theatre are the most uncomfortable seats I have ever encountered. If anyone in you party is above average height they will have to sit at an angle in order fit their legs in. The show is fantastic though.
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Original Poster

uf!! the theatre monkey is too hard to understand..
I've tried to buy the tickets in the theatre's web, but all you can get is information, but not online tickets. I'm afraid, by phone I'll be confused and end up with terrible tickets (at the highest price..)I dont mind paying, but I just want to make sure they are good seats!!
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Neopolitan

Why do you think you will get confused by phone? Your writing here seems as if you have a good command of the English language. Trust me, the people on the phones at the theatre itself couldn't be more helpful. You can trust them to sell you the very best seats avaialable.

And you mention you're afraid that the tickets you end up with might be the highest price. I have news for you -- the good seats (which you said you wanted) will DEFINITELY be the highest price. The cheaper seats will not be very good -- period. But again, you can rely on the phone people to be honest and helpful.

I'm mainly anxious to see if you can get ANY seats at all for next month. I think you're stressing too much about getting the best when you really don't have many if any choices. Please let us know what you find out.

Old Mar 28th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Original Poster

thanks! I'll try to call tomorrow. I'll have the map in front of me to try and understand better and see what they offer!!
Sorry, I probably didnt explain myself. I know good tickets Will be expensive!! I just dont want to pay too much for bad ones!!
anyway, I'm still thinking of buying the "blueman show"tickets, as I can get them ont their web and see exactly which tickets i'm buying...
Old Mar 29th, 2006, 12:47 PM
Original Poster

you were right! there are no tickets available for billy elliot, so we will have to go and see blue man group...I hope we like it!! we prefer musicals and are not sure if it will be TOO modern for us...
Old Mar 29th, 2006, 01:20 PM

I have been to Blue Man group in Boston a few times and absolutely love it! The Blue Men tend to be very good at what they do, which is very entertaining, if a litle modern.
Old Mar 29th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Neopolitan

carlota, I was so afraid that would be true.
You might go to the TKTS booth, the free standing building in Leicester Square, when you are there. They probably will have good seats at half price for Guys and Dolls, which would be great fun. Splashy show, fun musical numbers, dance.