Wrigley Field: Best of the worst seats?

Old Jul 14th, 2007, 04:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wrigley Field: Best of the worst seats?

Happy Saturday morning to you all!

As I alluded on a previous thread, I'm going to Chicago at the end of the month. I'm taking my DD, DS, and future daughter-in-law along. Though we're crunched for funds, we've decided we *must* take in a Cubs game for a quintessential Chicago experience.

However, the only tickets left for our token game are in the 500 (nosebleed!) section, or the 200 section -- which appears to be under an overhang. There also are some in the far outfield (also 200) section.

Which of these (very bad) seats would be better? I want the best seats my nearly-empty wallet can afford!

Thanks!!!
Old Jul 14th, 2007, 05:40 AM
JJ5

The 500 seats at Wrigley are not nosebleed seats. There are poll obstructions, but I think those seats are labeled so.

I'd rather there then in the outfield, myself.

You have females in your party, so beware that the lack of female washrooms is legend. If you are going to a bar or eat out first, use the facilities there. The last game I went to at Wrigley, I literally missed 2 whole innings in the bathroom line and had to go to another level to get there.
Old Jul 14th, 2007, 05:59 AM
Original Poster

Lol, Good advice, JJ5! No beer for me!

Are you saying that the 500 section seats are ok? Even the upper rows? I guess I don't want to lose out on feeling part of the crowd, which can be a problem if we're "way up there."

Also -- I'm curious about seats in the in the 200 section. There are quite a few available -- even baseline seats, but they are in the upper rows and fall under the "overhangs." What's the visibility like in these sections?
Old Jul 14th, 2007, 07:17 AM

Here is a link to the official Cubs website which shows the seating layout of Wrigley. From past experience, you really can't go wrong with any of the seats. We usually prefer First Base side, but the experience is what you are after.

Curious
Old Jul 14th, 2007, 07:18 AM

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=chc
Old Jul 14th, 2007, 08:34 AM

we are going to be in chicago in august to see a cub/cardinals game.

do any posters have any suggestions for "good eats" at the ball park?
Old Jul 14th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Original Poster

Curious, have you ever sat in the seats under the overhang? I found a link to a site - www.seatdata.com - which has shows pics of the seating. The stadium is empty, though. The view seems a little too good to be true -- ?
Old Jul 14th, 2007, 10:49 AM
JJ5

Yes, I have sat in the very last row of the back under the overhang. If you are NOT post/pole obstructed, I see no problems with seeing "out" to the field.

BUT- don't get that last row, because the socializing groups all stand behind you and do their thing, which is NOT watching baseball-unless a hit or something happens. That's Wrigley. There's a younger social scene in evidence like this all the time when I have gone and that last row is brutal with noise- too dense with the standers in party mob mode for me.

You will not feel apart from the crowd anywhere you sit in Wrigley. And the high seats are not too high.

In high summer I would appreciate the overhang myself because you probably will have shade for some or all of the game- if it is a day game.
Old Jul 14th, 2007, 10:59 AM

Aside from obstructed view, there are no bad seats at Wrigley. The stadium is MUCH smaller than you think. There is no nosebleed level.
Old Jul 14th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Original Poster

Good advice all - thanks!
Old Jul 15th, 2007, 09:31 AM

Yes, I have sat under the overhang. No problem.

Do I understand that you are planning to go to a Cubs-Cardinals game????? Good luck getting seats.

We are flying to Chicago tomorrow for a week. We go every year. GREAT city. Probably take the Red Line to Wrigley and drink a couple of brews while watching all the people. It's worth the trip just for that. Then it's back to Ditka's and watch the game in comfort.

Curious
Old Jul 15th, 2007, 11:42 AM

I went to a Cubs game about 3 weeks ago and got tickets the morning of so we had last pick. We ended up sitting in the very last row under the overhang. While I prefered to be a bit closer I found these seats to be fairly decent. There was a pole nearby but it really did not obstruct my view in any way. Just beware of foul balls no matter where you sit! The day I went a fan got a line drive to the head and was taken out in a wheel chair! Also, if you are going to take the shuttle to the park and park at the Devry building, get there early!!!! It took us almost an hour once we parked to wait for the bus to pick us up and drop us off at the park. Don't know if that is a rare experience or not but it sure put a damper on our day!