Search

Cabaret - Studio 54

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31st, 2003, 03:05 PM
blh
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cabaret - Studio 54

Can anyone tell me about the seating at Studio 54? Would the front tables (immediately in front of the orchestra and to the side of the stage) be better or the front row of the front mezzanine? They are the same price - also is Cabaret still really good? I know it is closing, and we are considering seeing it at Christmas before it closes. Thanks for the help!
Old Oct 31st, 2003, 03:19 PM

I assume you mean the NYC production of Cabaret. If so, you posted on the wrong board.
I can't answer your question about the seating, but I can tell you that the show is still worth seeing.
Old Oct 31st, 2003, 03:19 PM

There are three seating areas - orchestra, a level above with tables (mezzazine?) and then balcony. If what you're referring to is that mid section w/ tables, then yes, I think the seats from the front row of that section - i.e. mezzanine - would be preferable to side seats in the orchestra.
However, if they're balcony, I'd opt for the orchestra on the side. The balcony is a bit too high up.
Old Oct 31st, 2003, 05:21 PM
blh
Original Poster

Sorry I posted on the wrong board! I reposted on the US board.

Thanks for the replies - glad to hear it's still worth seeing! The tables show to be on Level 1 - the ones that are available show immediately in front of the orchestra. The mezzanine seating is on Level 2 and there are seats available on the front row. It looks as though the mezzanine seats might be better than table seats so close to the stage (and over to the side front) and also to the orchestra.
Old Oct 31st, 2003, 06:20 PM

I saw it from one of the tables right up close and to the side. I loved it there, but I must admit the seats aren't as comfortable as the regular theatre seats might be in the mezzanine -- or are those theatre seats either?
There's something about being right up front having cocktails at a table that makes you part of the "cabaret". I believe though that the front mezzanine seats also have tables.
Old Oct 31st, 2003, 06:54 PM

I sat right up front (2 tables from the stage), and I was happy with the location.