Search

Belvedere Room at the Hotel Ponte Sisto in Rome

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17th, 2009, 03:11 PM
jlb
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Belvedere Room at the Hotel Ponte Sisto in Rome

Has anyone stayed in the Belvedere Room at the Ponte Sisto?
I contacted the hotel directly and was quoted 300 euros/night for this room. They said the view was great but I'm not sure of the amenities in the bathroom. Does the tub have a shower head?
I was also given a quote of 218 euros from reservationality for a double room. Has anyone stayed in a double room here?Views?Bathroom amenities?
Just trying to see what I get for the money, and while I love my tub, my husband likes his shower!
Also, I would love to sit on a terrace at the end of the day with my husband, drinking wine, and enjoying the view!
Thanks all !
jlb
Old Mar 17th, 2009, 03:54 PM

I have stayed at the Hotel Ponte Sisto and would return in a heartbeat. I had a jr suite for three people. The bathroom was adequate for us...not too small. The room size is adequate as well.

The only downside was our room faced the street which was very noisy at night. I would recommend that you get a room that does not face the street.

The location is grand, the breakfast offers a lot of variety and if served on the patio you get a lovely setting. The staff was very helpful as well.
Old Mar 18th, 2009, 05:21 AM
jlb
Original Poster

Thanks grosenb.
The location does look perfect!
The quote for the jr suite was too much for us. Not sure if the double room has a terrace/balcony? The tub/shower issue is key to keeping us both happy!
They say room with a view? From a window, from a patio/terrace?
I haven't found any websites where they 'name' the rooms to compare. ie. 'Belvedere' room
Old Mar 18th, 2009, 06:13 AM

"belvedere" means "nice view" so perhaps the hotel is using that term as a description, not a room "name".

As for the bathroom, why not e-mail the hotel with your question? Ask about patio, balcony, etc., too. In english, if that's the language you'd like to see in their reply.
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 05:20 AM

Belvedere is the name for that one special suite...there is only one room like that at Ponte Sisto, and it looks amazing, however, we won't be staying in it, we booked connecting rooms for our family in August.

I'm curious as to what the OP decided?

I hope she comes back and posts a review!