Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anyone stayed Strand Palace Hotel-London?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16th, 2003, 06:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going to London in Feb 2004. on a vacation package through Virgin Atlantic airlines. How is this hotel? Not looking for anything luxurious but just clean ,comfortable and convenient.Does this hotel fit the bill? Appreciate any info. Thanks
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 07:21 PM

my in-laws have stayed there twice...it is older but they found it clean and comfortable...the location can't be beat...it is near covent gardens and trafalgar square....the strand is a major street with convenient transportation and lots of taxis...charring cross station is just down the street...
simpsons in the strand is across the street--world famous restaurant
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 07:31 PM

The location is wonderful!! The rooms are tiny. The times I've stayed there, they were always clean.
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 08:03 PM

Hi- It has been YEARS since I stayed there-
The rooms were oldish=but at least the windows opened...they are NOT airconditioned...ONly the Lobby area is A/C...

They did have a good continental bkfst and a nice carvery restaurant in the hotel....

Not luxurious, but adequate....
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 10:00 PM

If you have not already done so - do a search at the top of the page as there has been lots of discussion about this hotel at various times and you will get all kinds of information about it.
Old Aug 17th, 2003, 02:30 PM

Yes, I was there in June and loved it. Click on my name and read my trip report for some of the details...

It was fine. A lot of tourists. Breakfast is delightful whether its the full english or continental- either way I loved it- I would stay again.

I had a room for one and it wasn't as small as it looked online or by the descriptions here on Fodors. ( I was worried, but it was fine! I loved it. There was room to dance around and be giddy.

Have a wonderful time.
Old Aug 18th, 2003, 01:06 PM

My girlfriend stayed there once and swears she'll never go again. The room she had was very tiny (when she opened the door it hit the bed!) and she is far from a tiny gal.
Old Aug 20th, 2003, 10:04 AM

We stayed there for a week. The only problem we had was that they were puting in a new alarm system and seemed like they only tested it when I was trying to sleep. It did have small rooms, but they were clean and there was a very nice breakfast.