Aberdeen Hotel

Old Sep 3rd, 2005, 08:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aberdeen Hotel

Has anyone out there ever stayed in this hotel in Rome? If so, what can you tell me about it? It comes recommended by several guide books and looks nice on the internet, but the internet can be deceiving. It indicates that it is close to the Termini Station which is where we want to be. How far of a walk would it be from the rail station? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have never been steered wrong on this site.
Jenni
Old Sep 3rd, 2005, 08:56 AM

Oh, I thought you were asking advice about a hotel in Aberdeen, Scotland.

It might be an idea to repost with a title like "Aberdeen Hotel in Rome", then you might get more responses from people who have been to Rome, rather than Aberdeen in Scotland!

Have a good trip to Rome anyway,
Old Sep 3rd, 2005, 09:27 AM

If you do a search here I'm sure you'll find lots of info on this hotel. DH and I stayed here in February and were very pleased. The front desk was so extremely helpful. And there was free internet in the lobby, which was great for sending e-mails home. The rooms were small, but that's typical. Breakfast was fine - croissants, rolls, cereal, yogurt, meat and cheese, good coffee and hot chocolate. The hotel is right by a metro stop and several bus stops, so using public transportation is not a problem. If you're arriving at a non-peak time, I'd take the metro from the train station. You only have to ride for one stop.
Old Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:51 AM
Val

We also stayed there in February this year and it is wonderful. Exceptionally clean, well furnished, good size rooms and the reception staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is more than adequate.

However, it is the location that is so good, it is an easy ten minute walk from the station, good for metro and bus stops and lots of bars and restaurants nearby.

It is also an easy walk to the most of the major attractions. Have no fear in booking this hotel.
Old Sep 6th, 2005, 12:38 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for the positive responses. It certainly sounds like a great spot to locate ourselves for 3 nights.
Old Sep 6th, 2005, 01:17 PM

It sounds like you got your answer but I'll respond anyhow. We stayed there 2 years ago October and it was fine. Our room on the main floor was very small for a double (even by European standards) but it was clean and the service was otherwise fine. Free internet in the lobby was great. Just beware the hairdryer (unless they've been upgraded in the past 2 years). It was literally a hose that blew air! Much like a shopvac hose blowing air instead of sucking it! Needless to say there were some bad hair days in Roma!
Old Sep 6th, 2005, 02:21 PM

My daughter and I were there for 4 nights in Jan. I would recommend it very highly. The location to the train station is good. Very helpful staff. Free internet service. We found the rooms large enough and very clean. The only bad thing for me because I have a bad knee was they do not have an elevator. I should have requested to stay on the first floow where there are rooms. We were on second floor and there are a few steps outside into the Aberdeen.
Very good for the price.
Old Sep 6th, 2005, 03:05 PM

You should find quite a few comments about this hotel if you search Fodor's; the positive reviews were one reason we chose to stay there last year. You can read my trip report online. The Rome part, including a photo outside the Aberdeen, starts at:
http://www.rozault.com/italy2004/report09.html

Old Sep 7th, 2005, 05:07 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the link and the chance to view the photos. I guess I'm glad we're not going to be driving into Rome !