Hotel Duca d'Alba

Search

Hotel Duca d'Alba

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18th, 2003, 04:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Duca d'Alba

I need advice on one more hotel. Has anyone stayed at Duca d'Alba and what did you think? I am considering between staying here or a hotel in Trastevere. Thanks for any help.
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 06:15 PM

Just a helpful hint -- and PLEASE don't think I'm being rude. If it hadn't been for your mention of Trastevere, we'd have no way of knowing where you were talking about. It is always wise to add the city to the post, preferably in the title. Actually I was thinking about a hotel called that in Barcelona. But sorry I don't know the one in Rome.
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 07:12 PM

A few years ago we stayed with friends in an apartment building next to this hotel. It is a very good location, a little more central and easy to reach by both metro and bus. The hotel has a nice lobby, the staff were friendly, we used them to get taxi's and info,I didn't see their rooms. I'm a big fan of Trastevere but this hotel is in a little pocket with an interesting neighborhood feel also....
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 10:39 PM

Just stayed at Duca D'Alba two weeks ago (Trip report in preparation...too much work to do!)

I CAN recommend this hotel. I was a bit worried since no one on this forum appears to have been there, but we booked it anyways.

Location is very good (OK, it's not at the Pantheon like the S. Chiara, but it's between the Pantheon and the Colisseum more or less). Plus, it's only about 50 meters from the Cavour metro stop, making the Vatican & Pl. Spagna easy trips.

The staff is very very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very clean. Breakfast (accept for the coffee) is more than adequate.

We had a standard double on the first floor in the back of the hotel. Very quiet. Both the room and bathroom were small in size (what isn't in Rome?), but we found them to be more than adequate.

Our rate (two adults) was 110 Euro including breakfast. Uncomparable value, if you ask me.
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 03:06 AM

desilu,

My wife and I stayed at this hotel January 2003 and absolutely loved it. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. It is walking distance from many areas. We found it very convenient to the Metro train station.