10 days in Madrid and Barcelona

Oct 25th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Original Poster

10 days in Madrid and Barcelona

My friends and I are going to Madrid before continuing on to Barcelona. Any travel ideas for either destination would be appreciated. We are most interested in things to do within Madrid, day trips suggestions, adventure tourism, and nightlife. Thanks!
Oct 25th, 2009, 11:06 AM

When are you planning this little trip?
Oct 25th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Original Poster

We actually leave this Friday. We're spending roughly four days in each city.
Oct 25th, 2009, 11:55 AM

Check out the Time Out guides for those two cities - http://www.timeout.com/madrid/ and http://www.timeout.com/barcelona/ ... they usually have good suggestions for things to do, current events and city nightlife.

For day trips, check out Maribel's guides: http://www.maribelsguides.com/
Oct 25th, 2009, 01:30 PM

Maneysl
Just returned from 10 days in Spain: Madrid ( 4 days) and Barcelona (6 days). Day trip to Toledo while in Madrid. Day trip to Figueres ( Dali Museum) . In Madrid, visited Prado, Renia Sofia, Royal Palace, Cathedral deAlmudena and walked around. Ate dinner outside (9-10pm) 3 nights on Plaza Santa Ana. In Barcelona, Picasso, museum, Sagrada Familia , Casa Mila, Parc Guell, Joan Miro museum, Ramblas, Boqueria Market, neighborhoods galore. Lunch on Placa Reial. FC Barcelona football game with 100,000 people!!!

Have lots of fun
Gohedwig.
Oct 26th, 2009, 03:33 AM

Hi there,

It seems that Gohedwig had quite a good time. I would actually recommend a similar trip to that, 4 days in Madrid and 6 in Barcelona.
madrid- day trip definitely to Toledo. I did this as well and absolutely loved this town. And make sure you go to the restaurants there, they are great.
3 other days to see the sites, like mentioned above.

Barcelona- Day trip up to costa brava and also south of Barcelona to Sitges. And/or to Montserret which is only about 40 mins away.
With your remaining days you can visit some other places nnot mentioned above: Montujïc, Tibadablo, el poble español.

Have a great time.

OHcharlotte

(Oh-Holidays)
Oct 30th, 2009, 12:12 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all! Those are some great suggestions! We leave later today and I can't wait to finally see and do what you've recommended.
Oct 30th, 2009, 12:28 AM

It is good thing you did not wait until the last moment.
Oct 30th, 2009, 04:40 AM

In case you have not left yet and you haven't seen it, I highly recommend checking out Maribel's guides to Barcelona and Madrid at www.maribelsguides.com.