Rome vacation rental

Oct 27th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Original Poster

Rome vacation rental

hi everyone!
i'm currently looking for a vacation rental in rome for 7 nights (dec 26 - jan 6). i've looked on tripadvisor and flipkey and founds a few things, but nothing has really caught my eye just yet. do you guys know of any sites that have really good advanced search options? or any vacation rental rec's where you have stayed before? thank you!!
Oct 27th, 2009, 11:40 AM

We used Sleep in Italy for about the same time period last winter. No problems. In fact, there are a lot of discussion threads on this forum on this topic, so you might search for Rome apartment rentals.
Oct 27th, 2009, 12:11 PM

I got one for February at VRBO.. seemed cheaper too.
Oct 27th, 2009, 01:18 PM

It would help if you gave an idea of how much you want to spend for the apartment
Oct 27th, 2009, 08:27 PM

I agree, what's your budget, and how many are traveling in your party? Any specific areas that strike your fancy? when booking for my own guests, I've had really positive results with www.leisureinrome.com and they're running some fabulous recession deals this year, so take advantage. Plus they're really nice and they speak English too, so you'll be in good hands
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:06 AM
Original Poster

I am looking for under 100 Euros/night for 2 people. I'd like something close to the center or main attractions. I am ging to check out www.lesiureinrome.com. Thank you everyone!
Oct 28th, 2009, 10:14 AM

I found a wonderful place near the Pantheon that was listed in several apartment sites - but was cheaper in Sleep in Italy than in other sites. So make sure you compare!
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:00 AM

https://www.romesweethome.it/apartme...nt.asp?lang=it

my sister and I stayed here and loved it...
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:13 AM

While 100euros per night is possible in the historic center, that time of year is about the most expensive time to go. I know, we go there almost every year at Christmas time. You might want to try www.sleepinitaly.com and email Manuela or call her to see what is available.
Oct 28th, 2009, 11:13 AM

Roman Reference will also allow you to search by availability and price.
Oct 28th, 2009, 01:09 PM

In your price range I would recommend realrome.com. We had great luck with this agency
Oct 28th, 2009, 01:30 PM

hi cHristina,

another place to look is www.slowtravel.com. they have long lists of agents, some favoured, some not, plus reviews of various apartments. unfortunately they aren't arranged in any sort of order that I have yet managed to recognise, but you may find them useful.

what I have tended to do, when I've found one apartment i like, even if it's outside my price-range, or not quite right, is to e-mail an enquiry to the agency setting out exactly what i want and what I want to pay. quite often they wil come back with palces that I ahven't spotted or even that are not on the web-site.

good luck with your hunt,

regards, ann
Oct 30th, 2009, 03:46 AM

The apartment we rented from realrome.com was a 2 BR so bigger and more expensive than you need (105 euros/night for two people with a 7 night stay) It is in the ghetto neighborhood which is very atmospheric and quiet at night and centrally located.
Another poster stayed there last year and her trip report describes this apartment very well
http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...ondon-rome.cfm
Oct 30th, 2009, 05:22 AM

Gread links. We are also considering visiting Rome next year. I often check Slow Travel when looking for vacation rentals in Italy. It's a good source of information, I believe. http://www.slowtrav.com