Reload this Page >

Westin private ferry vs. regular ferry

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 05:49 PM
8weeks

We are staying at the Westin St. John in 8 weeks. We are flying into STT and need to take the ferry to St. John. I know there is a public ferry, but we will be arriving at 9pm and don't want to hassle around with a cab. We are considering paying the $68 for use of the Westin St. John ferry. I hear that this price includes rountrip to/from airport to the hotel as well as unlimited rides to St. Thomas for shopping, etc. Anyone have any info on the Westin ferry--how often it runs, where it drops off at St. Thomas, etc.? Anyone want to talk me out of it?

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 08:44 AM
Kris

Ignore the above rude response. Too bad that (s)he wasted time opening a post (s)he had no interest in and then typing a response that adds nothing to the board or helps you. <BR>RE: Westin ferry<BR><BR>The Westin leaves from a dock in the Crown Bay area (I think that's what they call it) which is closer to the airport than the Charlotte Amalie ferry. There is a neat pub right by the dock if you have to wait a few. Arriving at 9, you'll taxi to Red Hook to catch the public ferry. Not sure of the Westin schedule but they may be able to provide it for you via email if it's not on the website. The advantage is that you go directly to the Westin dock and then directly to your room. It is unlimited use between St. Thomas and St. John. You may save some money doing the public ferry but you'll taxi to Red Hook and then taxi from Cruz Bay to the Westin. Time wise, you should save some time depending on the schedule.

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 07:14 PM
babyduck

Geez--what's wrong with people these days? 8weeks--I suggest that you take the Westin ferry (it's much more convenient and worth the extra bucks). Hopefully, you (and others) won't be scared off by the prior posts (most people in the USVI are wonderful).

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 06:57 AM
Miss Manners

Wasting &quot;our&quot; time triple x? Speak for yourself. Studies have shown that getting a life is the leading cause of &quot;Postus Interruptus&quot;. Give it a go eh?<BR><BR> To 8 weeks: I agree that the timesaving and stress free Westin Ferry is the way to go. After cab to Red hook and a tip, plus ferry fare, you won't save much if any money, but it will be late and you'll be tired and hot. You'll be greeted at the Westin with a pretty, if somewhat watered down rum punch and a stress will melt away. Check in then stop down to the pool bar for a real drink and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 02:27 PM
sue

does anyone know if they charge the full rate for children-thanks

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 03:54 PM
Kris

hint: carry on change of clothes (shorts and layer down) and change on the plane or in the rest rooms in the airport while waiting for luggage. You'll be so much more comfortable!

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 04:55 PM
xx

It runs quite a few times during the day and was worth it. It's a little bit rougher and a longer ride than the ferry from Red Hook so if you get motion sick you may want to take something.

Old Jan 28th, 2003, 12:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think that the ferry runs at night. I could be wrong, you should check. It leaves from Crown Bay Marina in sub base. I am sure though, that if you do subscribe to their ferry rate, they will take care of your transportion to St. John.<BR>Ronnie
Old Jan 28th, 2003, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How long is the ferry ride from the Westin to Crown Bay? Is it really that rough of a ride?