Pay for ferry @ Westin or not?

Aug 2nd, 2002, 11:04 AM
Diesta

Pay for ferry @ Westin or not?

We are staying 2 nights @ Westin, St. John and then 2 nights @ Marriott in St. Thomas. Should we pay Westin the $65. or so per person for the ferry, or is it easy enough to transport our things and pay minimal fees for taxi, ferry etc. Not really sure how all that works!

Aug 2nd, 2002, 11:29 AM
Bruth

Depends. If the ferry is Gordon, he's not worth it. Myles, however, is worth that and then some!

Gotta go!

Aug 2nd, 2002, 11:42 AM
Jill

JMO but I wouldn't pay the extra money for the Westin ferry if you're only staying two nights. It is a convenience and I'd be tempted for a week or more but....
It's so easy to get a taxi to the Charlotte Amalie ferry, relax on the 30 or so minute ride over, exit the ferry and grab a taxi to the Westin. The whole thing will cost MAYBE $45 for both of you.
Like I said, just my opinion!

Aug 2nd, 2002, 11:43 AM
ccg

I just returned from a week in the USVI which began with one night at the Marriott and a week on St. John. I would say save your money and don't use the Westin ferry. It was very easy to get a taxi from the Marriott to the ferry dock at Red Hook - cab ride took maybe 20 minutes and I'm sure cost less than $20 for both of us + luggage and tip. The ferry to St. John is only $3 per person and is also very easy to use. Were taxis waiting at the ferry dock in St. John (taxis meaning pickup trucks with bench seats in the back covered by an awning - pretty fun! just an fyi for what to expect if you've never been there!)

If you are really worried about it, pay the money and save your sanity, but it really was quite easy.

I have no doubt you'll have a fabulous time!!

Aug 5th, 2002, 10:48 AM
Diesta

Thanks for the info.........I think we may try doing without the Westin's service. The pick-up truck sounds fun!
We are really looking forward to this trip.