weather concerns T&C this week

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

leaving for turks and caicos on thursday. I've been watching the Weather Channel and there's a lot of talk about tropical depressions possible in the eastern caribbean. It looks to be a ways off right now, but they say they're going to "keep an eye on it" for the coming week. Does anyone have any knowledge what the weather forecast for T&C might be for the next week? I know these storms can change quickly, just curious what the outlook might be. Thanks!
Old Jul 4th, 2005, 03:04 PM

first i would stop watching the weather channel for caribbean weather. most reports predict rain almost every day on most islands. when/if it rains at all it normally lasts about 10 mins, and makes a nice rainbow over the ocean.
however it is july and this is hurricane season.
for good tropical storm info look at www.nhc.noaa.gov go to atlantic - carib section and read the tropical weather outlook. i have followed there reporting through several storms and they are normally accurate.
hope your trip is wonderful karen. where are you staying?
Old Jul 5th, 2005, 08:17 AM
Original Poster

thanks so much for the website virgina. I think i had this site before for previous vacations and couldn't find it anywhere! We'll be staying at The Sands resort. We've been to many caribbean islands but this is our first trip to T&C. 2 more days....we're so excited!!
Old Jul 6th, 2005, 02:03 AM

hi karen, i'm pretty sure you will love the sands. i'm positive you will love the sand. it is the softest, finest i have ever seen. you don't even have to be wet for it to stick to you.
try to get a cheese burger for lunch at sharkbite - if you sit on the deck the birds will help you finish your meal.
for a very romantic dinner try anacona - sorry no birds here.
my fav excursion on provo is to drive out to bugaloos on the blue hills road for conch. a little shack of a place where they go right in(the sea) and get your conch and then cook to order for you. while you wait bugaloo will tell stories of all sorts ( bring him a cocktail/beer for better stories. also byob)
oddly the conch farm is interesting way to spend an hour.
best snorkel is smith's reef. go to turtle cove marina and ask for directions. go early in am!
final tip. buy a case of bottled water - for the convenience not because of bad water. its gonna be some hot & you will need alot of H20. helps if you freeze them the night before.
ENJOY!
Old Jul 6th, 2005, 05:24 AM

the noaa website is great. it does not track the storm near t&c. virginia you answered my question about the forecasts that the rain does not last all day. various websites give so different forecasts for t& c.
Old Jul 6th, 2005, 05:56 AM

go to thecomputerguy.tc
then click on beach cam
live shot of the beach, as you can see today, calling for thunderstrorms, yet totally sunny looking!
As any tropical place, thunderstorms pop up because of humidity, not fronts.
Tropical storm Dennis may cause a shower or two, but in general, it's hard to get a complete washout day, unless it's a direct hit from a hurricane.
Old Jul 6th, 2005, 06:13 AM

Blamona what a great webcam shot. thanks so much! anymore good websites with photos or pics?
Old Jul 6th, 2005, 06:55 AM

I found nbhtravel.com, either here or at Tripadvisor, they take some nice shots!!! (hope they don't mind me spreading the news)
Old Jul 6th, 2005, 07:21 AM

blamona, I have seen that before. It is a good one, lots of great pics of many places including provo. i think that i have seen one call provobums.com too has some good pics.
Old Jul 6th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Original Poster

it's fabulous to get such great information from this site! thanks everyone. We leave for our first trip to T&C in 15 hours... Can't wait (Dennis or no Dennis)!!!
Old Jul 6th, 2005, 12:33 PM

karen, i leave on friday. i am getting really excited too! have a great trip!
Old Jul 6th, 2005, 01:48 PM
Original Poster

have fun elaine! Have you been to t&c before? who knows...maybe we'll meet somewhere when we're all on the island