rain

Mar 10th, 2003, 11:03 AM
Original Poster

rain

I am leaving for Jamaica in two days and it says 30% rain forlike a week

Does that usually mean rain in Mobay this time of the year??? This puts a damper.... pardon the pun on our vacay!!!
Mar 10th, 2003, 03:20 PM

my daughter just returned from mobay in jamaica. she sid the weather was fabulous
and I live in the Caribbean
don't worry about the weather
in the caribbean there are always showers. they come and go briefly and in between is lots of sunny blue skies
enjoy!
Mar 10th, 2003, 03:39 PM

HI prettyvol,

I made the same mistake you made before I went to Turks and Caicos last year. For about two weeks before I left, I checked various weather sites.

The day before I left, the forcast stated it was supposed to rain for five days straight, thunder and lightning, etc..I was so upset. In fact, if you do a search for posts around July 18-21, you will see my posts panicing about the weather.

Now, keep in mind, all the internet sites said terrible rain and thunderstorms. We stayed in Turks and Caicos for 8 days. It rained on 2 occasions, and the rain lasted seriously not even ten minutes. While it rained, the sun stayed out and when the rain stopped, it was hotter and sunnier than ever.

One night around midnight we had a thunderstorm. It was sunny and gorgeou the next day and the water was calm and inviting.

My point, (long, I know) is the weather in the Caribbean (unless there is a hurricane which you don;t need to worry about) is usually sunny and beautiful. If you have rain, it will be for a few minutes and will be a welcomed relief from the hot sun. The sun will shine after the rain and more than likely you will see a gorgeous rainbow!

Don't worry!! Easier said than done, I know! But I am willing to bet the weather will be fine.

Have a blast and no more searching the internet weather sites!!!

Denise
Mar 10th, 2003, 03:59 PM
Original Poster

thanks for your replys
! I will calm down, i am just worried because I so need this break! Hopefully no problems Mon!! Evrything will be irie I am sure!
Mar 10th, 2003, 05:11 PM

Hey again, prettyvol!

I totally understand how you feel. I was just trying to reassure you, thats all.

You will have a blast, I'm sure!

Be sure to write a trip report when you get back!

Denise
Mar 10th, 2003, 05:18 PM
caf

You can't control the weather. Jamaica is a wet island, usually the showers are brief. On the other hand, there was one February week a few years back--rained EVERY day! We had about 2 hours of sunshine the whole week. Our Red Stripe beer consumption went through the roof!
Next year we went to a desert by comparison-Aruba.