Turks & Caicos B E S T place to stay?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My mother, sister and will be in T&C april 18-23. We've been shopping for some deals online for a place to stay. Our perfect place would be a little condo as close to the beach as possible. Trying to keep it relatively cheap. Like around $200 PN. Am i crazy? So where are all the good places, AND best websites to book? We are new to T&C. I can tell you all about the virgin islands! Tried VRBO and viviun. think it's too early to book to get a good deal? Do we want to be in Grace bay? Nothing too secluded, we want to eat out, etc. Thanks for your help T
Old Oct 24th, 2006, 01:23 PM

For that money, I recommend:
Sibonne (might already be booked!)
Royal West Indies
Ocean Club East or West.
You get the same price on their direct websites as anywhere else. Sometimes Expedia and Travelocity have good "package" deals.
Old Oct 24th, 2006, 07:25 PM

You can also try www.theseagate.com and www.alexandraresort.com. They might be in your price range.
Old Oct 25th, 2006, 04:05 AM
KVR

We stayed at the Sibonne this past May. It is right on Grace Bay. It's a nice low budget hotel with 26 rooms. Has an on-site restuarant and bar. Within walking distance to the Sands, Ports of Call and Salt Mills complex for additional dining choices.

I looked on their web-site and they have rooms available for your date. One catagory for $165 a night and another catagory for $200 a night. www.sibonne.com.

We were within a tight budget for our trip and the only other choice we had was the Alexandra, which was $200 more a 7 night stay.

We enjoyed the Sibonne. Nice hotel, excellant location. Here's a link to our pictures if interested.

http://community.webshots.com/user/kvrlvn
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 01:39 PM

From the way I read your post you are talking about three people for $200/night. I was going to recommend Sibonne but most rooms there are for two people unless you can get a roll away and put it in one of the rooms at the end on the second floor above the office. The two other options I can think of are Comfort Inn and suites in Ports of Call shopping plaza and Caribbean Paradise Inn. Both are not on the beach but only about a 300 yard walk. The rooms at Comfort Inn are very nice and they have a pool. Comfort Inn does have an auction package on www.skyauction.com. There are about five restaurants within walking distance of both places. At Sibonne there is one apartment unit with a kitchen which is very nice. May have a sleep sofa in the living area but all of you would have to share a bathroom. Think it goes for about $300 plus tax off season. Good Luck
Old Oct 27th, 2006, 03:56 AM
KVR

At the Sibonne, we had a room with a seperate living area that had a love seat that folded out to a bed. It was the Mango Room. We got this room as a free upgrade, so it may cost more than $200 per night, but you could check if interested.
Old Oct 27th, 2006, 09:39 AM

Try vrbo.com and rent from a private owner. Ocean Club West and Royal West Indies are the best for the money. Great locations and accomodations.
Old Oct 30th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to all you posters. Those all sound like good possibilities. I have also found some cute 1 br condos at Royal West Indies, but they go over my budget a smidge. Might be worth it huh?

Advice on whether or not to rent a car? or cab it. I found a rental on Avis for 35 a day. Safe to drive there?
Old Oct 30th, 2006, 02:53 PM
KVR

Very safe to drive. My DH doesn't like to drive in unfamiliar areas or on the left side of the road so we didn't rent a car. In hindsight, we should have just to be able to get to various resturants and the IGA. The Sibonne is within walking distance to Ports of Call and Salt Mills. We needed a taxi to Turlte Cove, IGA and other various spots. About $12 each way. Wasn't a big deal, but a car would have been nice. Whatever fits your budget. We definaltely did not spend the amount of a week's car rental on the few taxis we took or the Gecko bus.
Old Oct 30th, 2006, 03:01 PM

If you plan to go out and about -- say to restaurants, some shopping, to Coral Gardens for snorkeling -- a car would be very convenient to have. It's easy to drive.

RWI is definitely a great place to stay.
Old Oct 30th, 2006, 07:17 PM

Try www.gracebaycarrentals.com they had the best prices for car rentals i have found