comfort suites turks and caicos

Nov 6th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Original Poster

comfort suites turks and caicos

has anyone used this resort or hotel? how are the rooms etc
Nov 6th, 2006, 05:29 PM

The rooms are decent, but the walls are thin! You can hear people walking right outside on the hallway. For the same type of budget check out Sibonne. The rooms may be smaller, but the location can't be beat as it is right on the beach. Comfort Suites is not directly on the beach and the beach is not exactly directly across the street as advertised. You cross the street then walk maybe 75-100 yards(?) to get to the sand.
Nov 6th, 2006, 06:23 PM

I've stayed in Comfort Suites numerous times, and I personally think it needs updating. All the rooms have a "smoke" smell. The ac units seem to leak. There is construction on 3 sides, so no escaping that. The worse part, is you have to put the key in for power-so when you leave the room, no lights, ac, or fridge.
I use to love it. Thought it was a terrific deal. It just needs to be refreshed.
Mymoosie gave you a great idea-Sibonne. Also check out Caribbean Paradise Inn.
Nov 7th, 2006, 07:12 AM
KVR

We stayed at the Sibbone and defiantely made the right choice over Comfort Suites, which we were considering.
Nov 7th, 2006, 08:01 AM

I just got back from TCI and saw Comfort Suites several times as it is right in Ports of Call. As mymoosie said you have to walk a ways and there is a huge construction project between Ports of Call and the beach. If it is significantly cheaper it may not be a bad deal but just want to let you know that it is not right across the beach. On the positive side I wouldn't mind being right next to shopping and restuarants like that.
Nov 7th, 2006, 11:58 AM

I have stayed at both places, try to stay at the Sibonne if you can.

There is the Caribbean Paradise Inn too.
Nov 8th, 2006, 01:21 PM

A lot of business people stay at Comfort Inn. The plus is that there are about six restaurants in walking distance. Have not stayed there but have seen the rooms and they are nice and there is a pool. Caribbean Paradise Inn and Sibonne are good recommendations. Sibonne is right on the beach. If you do decide on Comfort Inn go to www.skyauction.com and to Rest of the Caribbean auctions. Comfort Inn has an auction for price/night. Make sure you read the auction rules before bidding. You can also upgrade to the Sands for an extra fee.
Nov 9th, 2006, 07:14 AM

For about the same price you can stay in that area in a 2 bdrm townhouse....a place called Island Beach Club. It offers a pool, beach towels, full kitchen and far more space than a motel room. Altho I haven't stayed there yet - we leave in 9 days - I checked with a realtor friend down there & he says it is fine. I hope to confirm that when we return.
Nov 9th, 2006, 08:14 AM

My wife and I stayed there about 2 years ago. The rooms were ok, but there seemed to be a lot of local guys hanging at the pool side bar each night. It just kind of made us uncomfortable. Overall this place is barely average. I'm sure you could do better elsewhere. We did like the island though overall.
Dec 4th, 2006, 08:41 AM

OK I'm back now so thought I would update my previous log....we just got back and I have to say it was one of the best island deals I've gotten. We had a 2 bdrm, 2 bath townhouse that was in excellent condition. Tile floors, patio, deck, washing machine, fully stocked kitchen - they even found us a blender. The pool was small but enclosed in a lovely garden that was completely encircled by the complex, so no outsiders. It's true that it's not on the beach....only a 2 blk walk tho [about the same as Comfort Suites]....and we had a car so we can check out all the beaches. It was really handy if you're looking to party as you can walk to Calico Jack's, Danny Buoy's and Bambooz. For $800/week [$900 during hi season]including taxes, it was more than we expected.
Dec 4th, 2006, 08:42 AM

Sorry...the above is talking about Island Club Townhouses.