Search

St Thomas

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St Thomas

My husband and I will be staying at Bluebeards Beach Club for a few days in Jan. Any suggestions on what to do while we are there? Also, any reviews on this hotel? We were hoping to renew our wedding vows while we are there....any info on that??
Old Nov 26th, 2009, 05:43 PM

lots to do. shop duty free in charlotte amalie. there is a locals market outdoors at the south end of the shopping district. an early in the day visit to gorgeous magens bay beach - early to beat the cruise ship crowd. take a snorkel excursion - lots available. spend part of a day at coral world a/or coki beach.
www.coralworldvi.com
here's a page of planners. one suggest a ceremony on board their sailboat which might be nice for your renewal - sunset?
http://www.caribbeanedge.com/st_thom...ding_planners/
Old Nov 27th, 2009, 08:19 AM
KVR

We enjoyed a guided Island tour of St. Thomas and St. John. Do a day sail to the BVI's on the New Horizon II. Book early they fill up fast. Go to Paradise Point at night when they have a live band. Spend time on Coki Beach and Magens Bay. GOing shopiing and eat lunch in Charlotte Amalie.

I understand that Mountain Top has burned down. It was a great place to shop and see some nice views. Don't know if they have rebuilt or even going to. If they have we enjoyed going there.

We went to St. Peter's Greathouse and bontanical gardens. They do weddings there and it's absolutley beautiful. There are 2 different types of wedding gazebos overlooking Magen's Bay. A wonderful place to do a vow renewal. Here's the link:

http://www.greathouse-mountaintop.com/aboutus.htm
Old Nov 28th, 2009, 09:51 AM

If you enjoy shopping, there are many stores, i.e. Diamonds International and Captain's Corner (Island Crafts, T-shirts, souvenirs). There are also some great bars that serve frozen and regular drinks and the local beers. Be aware that there are a lot of cruise ships, so pick a day when there aren't many in port when visiting Charlotte Amalie.
Old Nov 30th, 2009, 01:36 PM

My wife and I have stayed at the BBBC several times.
It's not the fanciest place to stay, but the location is convenient to downtown or the East End. I would recommend Secret Harbor for snorkelling, and of course Megans Bay. Here are some links to explore:
http://www.conciergevi.com/?OVRAW=st...OVMTC=standard
http://www.frommers.com/destinations...97_inddin.html
http://www.sailwinifred.com/index.htm
Old Dec 5th, 2009, 08:38 AM

I was only there for a day on a cruise but if you love to snorkle go to Coki beach. There are tons of fish
Old Dec 15th, 2009, 11:34 AM

I went to St John's on the ferry and spent time at the beaches there. Very nice! Also look into renting a boat (with ot without captain) and cruising around. I really enjoyed that as well.
Old Apr 3rd, 2010, 06:06 PM

If you're looking for a beach resort this is not it; you have to take a shuttle bus to "their" beach.
Old Apr 5th, 2010, 01:30 AM

Climb up Synagogue Hill and see the old synagogue with its sand floor. The winding streets fee like a world away from the harborside tourist areas, which are fun in a different way.
Old Apr 5th, 2010, 07:26 AM

island & cali. this trip was last jan.
Old Apr 5th, 2010, 08:12 AM

For a great day out on the water, I would highly recommend Captain Joe and the Scubadu. He sails out of Red Hook and will take you around the nearby islands. You can snorkel or just relax on the boat. Its a great time! www.sailvi.com