St. John accomodations

Nov 2nd, 2005, 08:01 AM
Original Poster

St. John accomodations

My wife and I are traveling to St. John next March (2006). We are trying to stay within a reasonable "budget" and I was look at the following accomodations, does anyone have any input?

The Inn at Tamarind Court
St. John Inn
Estate Concordia eco cabins

Thanks,
Jeff
Nov 2nd, 2005, 05:48 PM

jiz,
My husband and I stayed at the St John Inn.I would not recommend it.I am not picky by no means but it supposely has been renovated BUT our room (Jumbie)was in need of repairs.The sink in the bathroom was not even connected to the wall and my husband fixed it.Also the room that we had reserved was not available so we had to wait until they found an open room.

I feel that the other two on your list would be much better.

A lady named Trish who is a regular to this site..has stayed at Concordia before and gave us a link to look at her pictures that included the eco cabins which looked very nice for the money.

The Inn at Tamarind Court is near St John Inn and it looked nicer than St John Inn from the outside.Maybe someone can tell you about the inside of the rooms.

Check out "Garden By the Sea" it was recommended to me and looks really nice.If I can help you anymore..feel free to ask.

Good luck!
Christie
Nov 3rd, 2005, 01:05 AM

I would also look at Caribbeandays.com which lists a few condo/apartment type rentals which seem pretty reasonable.
Nov 3rd, 2005, 06:39 AM

Hi jizaref1! Thanks christiegr for remembering my pics.

We enjoyed Concordia's eco-tents. The accomodations were very comfortable. These are pretty fancy "tents".

my pics at www.pbase.com/tpatricco there are pics from two trips to STJ on there. The 2003 trip is the one with the Eco-tent photos.

We just booked a villa in Coral Bay area for 2 weeks in May 2006. Cannot wait to get back to STJ! Trish
Nov 3rd, 2005, 06:40 AM

Oh, in case you didn't have it, the website for the eco tents is www.maho.org
Nov 3rd, 2005, 09:15 AM

I have stayed at the first 2 and the third, I have seen it, but have not stayed there. It really depends on how particular you are. Inn at Tamarind Court was fine when we were there. I would check out caribbeandays or other sites, as someone mentioned. I am not sure exactly what your budget or expectations are. GL
Nov 3rd, 2005, 10:45 AM

We stayed at the Tamarind Court several years ago and I thought it was unacceptable. I'd look into the condos at Lavender Hill for my next stay.
Nov 3rd, 2005, 10:46 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your input so far! I've read various mixed things about the St. John Inn, but I guess it depends on your expectations.

I've checked the many villa rentals, but so many are only available by the week. We are staying 5 nights only in March (with 4 other nights on St. Croix).

Our expectations are to pay maybe $150-175 per night for reasonably clean rooms. Don't need a lot of frills, as we will spend so much time swimming, snorkeling, and exploring.

Any other good suggestions?

Thanks again,
Jeff
Nov 3rd, 2005, 01:37 PM

Jeff

Based on your last post, why not spend all 9 nights on St. John? The money that youíll spend transferring between islands could be put towards a place on St. John. Youíll also gain island time by not traveling between St. Croix and St. John.

While I have not stayed here, these units are worth researching since they fall within your price range:

http://www.bananawindcottage.com/

Angelís Roost Suite at this site:

http://www.bookitvi.com/angel.htm
Nov 3rd, 2005, 03:51 PM

Your welcome Trish!
Nov 12th, 2005, 02:06 PM

If you dont mind being in the Coral Bay area try The Crows Nest (different to the Crows Nest in Cruz Bay) You can find it by going to www.towncountryusvi.com and go to short term rentals. It is directly across the street from Skinnys - super clean, nice size, a/c, kitchen etc and it sure beats camping at the tents