St. John Inn in St. John USVI

Old Mar 11th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Original Poster

St. John Inn in St. John USVI

My family and I are going on a trip to St.John in June. We will be staying at the St.John Inn.I was wondering if anyone has stayed there before and how the stay was?
Also would like to know of some good restaurants there?
Thanks,
Christie
Old Mar 11th, 2005, 12:22 PM

I have not stayed there, but have considered it. Good location from what I remember. We really like to eat at ZoZo's at Gallow's Point and Mongoose Restaurant for something alittle less formal (in Mongoose Junction). Also, if you are looking for some really good, but very messy BBQ, try Uncle Joe's BBQ....a little hole-in-the-wall, but great food- just be patient, it can take awhile
Old Mar 11th, 2005, 01:43 PM

We stayed there many years ago. At the time, the new owners (from the SF Bay area?) had just recently purchased and remodeled the inn. Don't know if it's owned by the same couple anymore. We found it to be a convenient, comfortable base and easy walk to restaurants in Cruz Bay. When you return, I'd be interested to hear what it's like now.
Old Mar 12th, 2005, 09:52 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice Patty.I will let you know what it is like now when we get back.Do you know where the best snorkeling is on the island?
Old Mar 14th, 2005, 12:37 PM

I didn't go snorkeling on St. John so can't offer any suggestions there. Have a great trip!
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 10:47 AM

There are so many great places to snorkel on St. John. Salt Pond Bay has a great coral reef and is calm when the north side is wavey. Waterlemon Cay is great also.

SO SO many to choose from. The farther away from Cruz Bay the better. We saw so may col things, sting rays, a school of squid, you can not go wrong.

Get the Start Park map - it's the best!!