Search

St. John Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21st, 2004, 08:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. John Hotels

Does anyone have any suggestions for a resonably priced hotel or any great specials going on?
Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 04:53 AM

There are no reasonably priced hotels on St. John. You have your choice of the Westin or Caneel as far as hotels go.

Look into renting a condo or villa. Gallows Point often gets good reviews and is priced well. Ask about construction going on near your accomadations. Your other choice would be Maho Bay campground.
Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 05:10 AM

Sorry to contradict Deborah but there are a couple of small reasonably priced Hotels or Inns on St John. The Inn at Tamarind Court is one and the St John Inn is another. They are each small but well kept, comfortable, and convenient to town and the rates depending on season are between $75 and $200 a night. There's also Estate Lindholm which is a little more expensive but lovely.
It's not just "the Westin or Caneel", there are other options, you just have to dig a little. On the other hand if you're looking for a big resort type place, those are your only options on this tiny island.
Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 06:39 AM

If you want a relaxed time in St John I think that renting a villa is the way to go. Especially during the summer, the rates are low and I think reasonable (especially if you are splitting the rental). For the last 2 years we have used great caribbeangetaways.com and the year before we used caribbeanvilla.com Also if you don't mind staying in Coral Bay (where we always stay) look online at calabashcottages.com at Sago Cottage. It is a delightful reasonably priced "honeymoon" cottage for 2.
Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 06:43 AM

Sorry, I gave the wrong website. Should be greatcaribbeangetaway.com
Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 08:20 AM
caribtraveler

What's reasonable to you? Just so you know, you do have the option to bid on Priceline for a Resort in St. John. The Westin is the resort you'd get since it's the only one there (I'm not counting Caneel since it's considered a luxury resort and not a chain that would participate in Priceline). The going rate seems to be $135/night on Priceline according to www.biddingfortravel.com.
Good luck.

Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 09:57 AM

On bookitvi.com there is Kokomo Cottage for $950/week and also Angel's Roost Suite for $850/week (1 bedrooms). I think that's pretty reasonable. You also have a kitchen so you can cook if you want and save some $. I think it gives you alot more privacy than staying in a hotel room. But reasonable is all relative anyway isn't it?
Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 10:08 AM

We just booked this place for March. Its seems really nice, and is the most reasonable cottage we could find.
www.bananawindcottage.com
Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 12:21 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your great suggestions! I realize I wasn't clear enough in what I'm looking for so I'm going to re-ask my question. If you have any other ideas, please let me know.
Old Jun 23rd, 2004, 07:01 PM

TheEstate Lindholm is wonderful.close to everything.we have stayed there twice.check out there website.