St John Help

Apr 30th, 2006, 07:33 PM
Original Poster

St John Help

any suggestions on where to stay?? looking for 2 people to go in july to lay on the beach and relax. looking to spend 1500 a person... thanks
May 1st, 2006, 09:30 AM

Lodging options on St. John vary. There are only two resorts, Caneel Bay and the Westin. You didn't say how long you plan to stay but I don't think either are in your price range. The majority of lodging accomodations on this island are villa rentals. You can search for options on a variety of sites. I've had good luck with www.stjohnlinks.com and with www.vrbo.com .

In the non-villa / non-resort category you can investigate Gallows Point, Lavender Hill Estates, Garden By the Sea, St. John Inn, Estate Lindholm, and Maho Bay Camps www.maho.org for an eco-friendly camping experience. There's also camping at Cinnamon Bay through the National Park Service.

If you read some of the many threads on this board about STJ you'll get a wealth of info and opinions about your lodging options.

St. John is one of our favorite places. I'm spending two weeks there in May renting Little Plantation villa. www.littleplantation.com
May 1st, 2006, 02:21 PM

You don't have to spend that much. You can rent a nice villa for 1500-2000 a week, or less. I would recommend getting one with A/C. They will tell you it's not needed but it really is, especially in july. the past few years we have rented from island hideaways. We stayed here at Beit Hawa last year. very nice. A/C in master only.
http://www.islandhideaways.com/villa.php?villa_id=984
May 1st, 2006, 02:24 PM

My husband and I stayed at the Winsome House villa last November. It is $2,000 for the week in low season and was VERY nice. Here is the website:
http://www.destinationstjohn.com/winsome.htm
May 1st, 2006, 07:55 PM

I'm not sure what rates are for summer but if they fit your budget, try to stay at Caneel Bay Resort. It is heaven!! 8 beautiful private beaches within the property. We turned in our rental car after one day since the beaches on Caneel's property were just as good & walking distance, as opposed to driving everywhere. The resort isn't fancy but the setting is so beautiful!!!
May 2nd, 2006, 06:22 AM

We're staying at Gallows Point and the Honeymoon Cottage near Francis Bay this June/July. The HC is $200 a day in the off season. Gallows is $335 for a harbor view unit.

http://www.stjohnusvi.org/honeymooncottage.htm

Search this Thread