Sandals-Negril or Cancun???

Jan 4th, 2000, 01:24 PM
Pete

Sandals-Negril or Cancun???

Looking for my first relaxing vacation in years..looking for a place for my girlfriend and I to RELAX...I want to sit on the beach and drink the day away with my feet in the sand, do some snorkeling, and maybe some other things. Can't decide between Sandals Negril or we were looking at the Moon Palace in Cancun.

Any and all suggestions are welcome!! Cancun is cheaper and also has day trips to the ruins, but I don't know much about it. Sandals Negril however I have heard a lot of good things about.... THANKS!!!

Jan 12th, 2000, 07:55 AM
Kim

Hi, If all you want to do is RELAX Negril Sandals is the way to go. It is a very laid back do as you plese resort. Soaking up the sun and enjoying the sun set is a must at Negril. The drinks are never ending. We will definetly go back next year(2001). We are going to Sandals Royal Bahamain in 3 weeks we won this trip or we would be returning to Negril instead.If you would like you can email me. Have a good time if you go, Im sure you will.

Jan 12th, 2000, 03:15 PM
Diane

A friend of my just came back from a atrip to Moon Palace. They loved it. Cancun is a lot more active, and there are too many good restaurants to stay at an all-inclusive. Plus the beach is no where NEAR as lovely as Negril. For a total decompression lay back and (OK can't not say it but I'll be "discrete") enjoy being a couple 'cause it's a hell of a romantic place -- I'd say go to Sandals Negril.

Jan 17th, 2000, 01:26 PM
Karmyn

I went to Negril 3 years ago and HIGHLY recommend it. I didn't stay at the Sandals but up by Hendonism. There are several trips from Negril. If you can go to YS Falls, it is absolutely beautiful. and go horseback riding in the hills above Negril. Have a great time!

Jan 17th, 2000, 01:57 PM
Meg

NEGRIL! Hands down.

Jan 18th, 2000, 12:58 PM
Jerry in ATL

If you love tall hotels, shopping, crowds and night life, go to Cancun.
Otherwise, Negril is the place.
I stay at a small hotel on the beach "out" from the enclave of the all-inclusives, so it takes a day or two for the hustlers to spread the word that my pockets aren't easily emptied, but I love it! I'll consider an A/I if I go back with my ladyfriend.
One word of caution - Jamaica has poverty, crime and drugs, so be careful where you go at night - never take to the roads at night without a Jamaican driver (unless you're right on the main drag in Negril). In general use common sense like in a American city.

Jan 25th, 2000, 09:40 AM
Kim

Just me again one other thing to say Negril is a safe place dont let anybody change your mind. Yes the country is poor but the people are great there. much safer then some of the streets in America. And you can drink the water there and not get SICK!!!!! Enjoy your trip!!!!

Jan 26th, 2000, 12:32 PM
danni

Not Cancun, but Playa del Carmen. Stayed at Iberostar - LOVED IT. Very lush, natural-looking resort with great food and a great staff.

Feb 3rd, 2000, 06:21 AM
pam

We have been to both places- will never go to Cancun again but will definitley go to Negril!! People are so friendly and helpful compared to Cancun. We stayed at Grand Lido Negril. We did exactly what you stated you want to do- sit on the beach with our toes dug into the sand while they waited on us hand and foot! Consider Grand Lido as well!

May 14th, 2002, 06:59 PM
Gabrielle

We went to Moon Palace for our honeymoon and we loved it! There are so many restaurants in the resort and plenty of bars with yummy drinks. I would definitly recommend Moon Palace to anyone!