Reload this Page >

Cayman in June need advice

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2002, 07:34 AM
FCrew

Staying at Avalon in June--first time to GC--need recommendations on good restaurants and snorkeling spots--will have a car

Old May 12th, 2002, 08:14 AM
Ted

Cemetary Reef is a decent snorkeling spot, just off 7MB behind, yep, the Cemetary. You can see the reef from the beach, just north of the Cemetary. Smith's Cove east of Georgetown is also popular. <BR><BR>Also don't miss the Sandbar (the shallow version of Stingray City). Snorkeling with stingrays is something you will never forget. Amazing!<BR>

Old May 12th, 2002, 08:14 PM
jodi

Never stayed at Avalon but have snorkeled everywhere on the island. Alot of people rave about the Cemetary Reef but I think you should know it is not an easy spot to snorkle at. It takes way too long to get to the reef and the water was rough everytime I was there. Granted the beach area is pretty but it's not really worth the swim out. I personally don't think you can go wrong with Parrots Landing and Eden Rock. There's also a shipwreck in town out from Calico Jack's(if it's still in business). They provide a ladder for you to access the water. You'll see some pretty big tarpon there. Smith's Cove is alright if the seas are calm. You will have a fabulous time in GC--I guarantee it.

Old May 13th, 2002, 03:09 AM
Sandy

Two of my favorite restaurants on Grand Cayman are Smuggler's Cove and the Reef Grill. Excellent food!! The Lighthouse is also a great restaurant but it's about a twenty minute drive from 7MB in a district called Breakers. There's great snorkeling all over the island right from the beach. When you get there make sure you get a snorkel guide magazine. It lists all the areas and how to get there. Very handy for first timers!! You also picked the best condo on 7MB. You won't be disappointed!! Make sure you do the Stingray Sandbar tour. That will be one of the most fun things you do on your trip. Enjoy Grand Cayman!

Old May 14th, 2002, 03:34 PM
fcrew

Thanks all for the suggestions--they are helped us focus

Old May 14th, 2002, 08:24 PM
Tracy

Just north of the Avalon, you could even walk,right by Coutt's, is Neptunes Restaurants. Amazing italian cuisine and they have a wonderful garden patio. You'll love it. <BR><BR>If you are interested in great snorkeling locations here is a link to some of our favorites<BR>&lt;A href="http://caymanislandsdiscounts.com/OffshoreSnorkeling.htm"&gt;Cayman Snorkeling Sites&lt;/A&gt;