Search

Grand Cayman

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16th, 2018, 06:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grand Cayman

Considering going to Cayman Islands in June and wanted advice on the most family friendly hotel with great snorkeling off the beach? Would love all inclusive, but not mandatory. Finding a hotel good for kids and great snorkeling close by is most important!
Old Apr 17th, 2018, 01:02 AM

Not sure why all inclusive would be needed in Grand Cayman, maybe look into Sunshine Suites. As for snorkelling right off the beach, you can snorkel anywhere on 7MB, but to snorkel and see fish, you need to find a rocky area. Best snorkelling sites are not on 7MB IMO ,towards George Town and Harbour View apartments has some snorkelling.
Old Apr 19th, 2018, 05:05 AM

Check out: Cayman Vacations - Grand Cayman Vacation Rental Condominiums and Reservations

You can search by location on 7MB. I recommend something close to Cemetary reef for good walk in snorkeling. You will definitely want to rent a car to explore other snorkeling spots around the island.
Old Apr 19th, 2018, 08:03 AM

The best place to stay for newcomers on the island is Seven Mile Beach. Snorkeling is better in the north part of SMB than the parts, although the East End and Northside of the island have the best snorkeling. There are no real all-inclusives in Grand Cayman. All of the hotels are very nice and family friendly, with the Kimpton being my favorite. A better option would be to rent a condo where you get 2 bedrooms and a full kitchen. Eating would be much more economical. I would look into Christopher Columbus, Discovery Point, Aqua Bay and Anchorage condos. These have snorkeling off the beach and are within a short distance from Cemetery Beach.