Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Honeymooners looking for place to stay in jamaica

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 11:32 PM
adam

We are looking for an AI. I have heard good things about sandals negril but I am still open to any help. we are a young cupple and enjoy lots of activities so a place that offers a wide selection of things to do would be good for us.
thanks

Old Sep 27th, 2002, 06:19 AM
s

adam i have heard a lot of great things about sandals negril. i booked a trip for november to go there. negril is the place to go for fun. try to look for last min. specials. Sandals had some great last min. stays, so did couples, and super clubs surprize vacations sounded like fun.

Old Sep 27th, 2002, 07:19 AM
Kim

I also vote for Sandals Negril It is our favorite place.

Old Sep 27th, 2002, 07:25 AM
Eric

Adam,

I've been to Negril numerou times. My vote would be to get a bit off the center of the (7 mile) beach. Things are a bit to busy there for my liking. My vote would be for something in Bloody Bay. Less vendors and great beach. My favorites are Riu or Couples Negril...

Have fun...
Eric

Old Sep 27th, 2002, 08:34 AM
Roxy

Recently married at Couples Swept Away in Negril......the property was gorgeous, staff was friendly and helpful, food was decent, low key entertainment, lots to do....or not! Awesome trip! Have fun!

Old Sep 27th, 2002, 12:30 PM
Penney

Sandals NEgril is a beautiful resort an the best part of the island. Sandals MoBay and Dunn's might be worth looking into as well as they are more active. Always something going on.

Old Sep 27th, 2002, 05:28 PM
Bella

we honeymooned at Sandal's Negril & LOVED it. The most relaxing place. Lots to do, but not overhwhelming. With any Sandals, make sure your travel agent calls every week before hand to get an upgrade. We got upgraded to an awesome room (with patio, full bar & room service) - all from persistance. The beach is big enough to accomodate all, and lots of bars, sailing, snorkling, etc. Young crowd. Have fun!

Old Sep 27th, 2002, 07:58 PM
Marti

We stayed at Ciboney Ocho Rios. Someone just purchased it, but it was a great property, lots of fun stuff. You had to shuttle to the beach, but it was an AI with huge rooms and great service.

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 11:49 AM
Penney

Ciboney is now Beaches Grande Sport

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 10:32 AM
Angela

We just returned from Couples Negril yesterday, I will be happy to answer any questions for you...I can tell you that Couples is so beautiful in every single way, from the people to the grounds and the service! I was not too sure what to expect, it was our first time there, but I cannot wait to go back, and even made some friends with the staff, they are truly special people! We are ages 31 & 30, and found this place perfect, there was a variety of people, I would say mostly mid to late twenties to fiftys, it was wonderful! If you have specific questions, I will answer!