Reload this Page >

Renaissance Grande in Ocho Rios

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 07:24 PM
Jennifer

Possible Honeymoon destination - we are utilizing travel points and focusing on Marriott-owned chains - any feedback on this resort, or others in the Caribbean for an early November honeymoon?

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 04:26 AM
Paula

This is a nice resort with non-stop activities both day and night. Also has non-motorized water sports included in their all-inclusive plan. I love the location because it's only a 5min walk to downtown Ocho Rios for shopping or if you want to eat at other restaurants. I don't know how it would be for a honeymoon (too noisy, not private enough?) but I've stayed there 5 times and see plenty of honeymooners as well as people getting married on property. The Ritz Carlton is also part of the Marriott group and they have a facility in Montego Bay. I suggest that you try to utilize your travel points there if you want to go to Jamaica or what about Aruba? The Aruba Marriott Ocean Club is wonderful!! Congradulations on your upcoming wedding<BR>Paula

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 08:16 AM
Debtvl

I stayed at the Renaissance Grande in March, it was only OK not a place that I would recommend for your honeymoon. There are so many other places in Ocho Rios that would be better and very close in price.

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 09:48 AM
Jennifer

Thank you for the feedback - I will definitely check out the Ritz and the Aruba resort, and give second thoughts to the Renaissance Grande. Thanks again!

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 02:36 PM
Penney

I agree with the last poster - I would not go here for a honeymoon.<BR><BR>My sisters and I went here and, having traveled a great deal, would not go back unless I had a child that needed alot of activity. It is great for kids but not adults!<BR><BR>Beach too is not good at all for Jamaica. Pool is very impressive, food was par, location is great. Lacks romantic atmoshpere for a honeymoon.<BR><BR>Ritz Jamaica is supposed to be the top resort on the island.