Honeymoon in Aruba, Dominican, or Jamaica late Feb 2014

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2013, 05:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband to be and I are planning our honeymoon for the last week in February 2014. We have free ticket vouchers from Air Tran so we can only fly to Aruba, Punta Cana DR, or Montego Bay Jamaica. We're looking for an all-inclusive resort with scuba, snorkeling and romantic excursions. Don't need shopping or night life necessarily. We're looking at spending 2-3k for the all-inclusive resort plus whatever else we decide to do. Any suggestions on which location and which resort would be great!
Old Nov 5th, 2013, 09:49 AM

At that time of year, during high season, I don't believe your budget is quite high enough for a 3 star all inclusive resort in Aruba. You can check the Divi or Tamarijn.

For something less expensive in Aruba maybe do your own breakfast, lunch and beverages with a studio with kitchenette at the Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort. There is a large supermarket within walking distance. There are plenty of affordable restaurants in Aruba for a nice romantic dinner and it is perfectly safe to go out at night.

There are no resorts with snorkeling within walking distance. Resorts on Palm Beach will be within walking distance of the dive boats. Some dive operators will pick you up at your resort regardless of where you are staying.
Old Nov 5th, 2013, 01:09 PM
KVR

From experience, Aruba is not the best place for AI. There are so many really great dining/bar options and part of the experience there is to try as many as you can. We did the Holiday Inn AI. The AI food was pretty dismal. We ate and drank outside of the property also. There is no snorkeling from the hotel areas. You have to take a snorkel boat trip or go to Baby Beach or De Palm Island.

You might look at The Iberostar or the Secrets resorts in Montego Bay. We stayed at the Jewell Dunns River in Ocho Rios and loved it. Couples gets plenty of recommendations and they include select off property tours. Jamaica has meh snorkeling even on their boat trips. Lots of really nice off property tours including various waterfalls and bontanical gardens.

Not a big fan of the DR, but the Majestic and Exellance get the better reviews for AI properties.

Are you already scuba certified? If not, you really need to get certified at home and then just do your open water at the resort. I don't know many places that include it, but they do offer it for a fee, which is pretty pricey. You can do snuba in Aruba.
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 06:52 AM

You might check out Zoetry in punta Cana....not sure it fits budget but I can confirm it is gorgeous and I was there for dinner a couple nights ago and thought it would be perfect for a honeymoon. You could split between two resorts as well....maybe Zoetry to chill out and breathless for more action and lower price...? It's brand new and they are offering some bargain prices.....I'm here now!
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 07:44 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
(from those three choices) I'd go with Jamaica. Take a day trip out to Negril.