Reload this Page >

Last minute Honeymoon, Help!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 09:52 PM
Jim

We are planning our last minute honeymoon (just found out we can afford to go!) and wanted to see if anyone had any good recommendations. Our honeymoon is this August 18th-30th. Our budget is approx $3000 including airfare.<BR><BR><BR>Here is what we're looking for:<BR><BR>- clean, spacious room w/room service<BR>- sunny climate<BR>- Would prefer not to relive Spring Break atmosphere, but fun nighttime entertainment <BR>- good restaurants<BR><BR>Any recommendations, from Tahiti to the Caribbean, will be very much appreciated. <BR>Thanks!!

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 04:40 AM
Paul

You might want to check out the "Keys to Paradise package at the Ritz Carlton Rose Hall in Montego Bay. They currently have a unbelievable special going on.

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 04:53 AM
Penney

A site called "Changes in L'attitude" and www.travelzoo.com offer some good specials.<BR><BR>In general, Jamaica, Dominican Republic and Mexico are going to be the most affordable. Lucky for you that it is low season so prices are down - do be carfeul where you chose, however. That is huricane season - might want to also look into islands like Aruba and there abouts as they are out of the huricane belt. Also, Sandals resorts offer a hurricane policy so that could offer peace of mind.<BR><BR>Good Luck and Congrats!

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 06:02 AM
Susan

Hi Jim,<BR><BR>Look into Aruba! We love it there. <BR><BR>You can get a nice package deal through travel charter or funjet vacations for quite affordable. They have some all inclusive resorts in Aruba, if you want your food included. Otherwise, contrary to what people say, Aruba does have some affordable restaurants, you just have to look around a bit.<BR><BR>My husband and I had a brunch at Subway and didn't eat until dinner. We didn't spend too much.<BR><BR>We stayed at the Marriott & loved it.<BR><BR>Congrats on your upcoming wedding.

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 06:12 AM
Tracy

I second the "Key to Paradise" package at the Ritz Carlton Rose Hall. We did it for our honeymoon last week and it was fabulous. $3000 - 2 people - airfare, hotel, all meals and drinks including room service. The rooms are beautiful and the food was terrific. Room service was included and was wonderful. You can't go wrong with this package. It is not adults only however, but that did not bother us. You can't get this level of hotel for that price with a Sandals. I have a trip report if you would like me to email it to you. <BR><BR>Also - we flew from Chicago direct on Air Jamaica with the package. Our flight times were great - we were at the resort by 10:30 a.m. and they gave us our room immediately. We didn't have to leave the hotel until 3:00 p.m. to catch our 5:30 p.m. flight.<BR><BR>Good luck. I don't think you can do any better in Mexico or the Caribbean.