Notices

AI in Aruba

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 05:49 PM
mick

AI in Aruba

We are planning our honeymoon in Aruba in Oct. and lookin for All incl. at a reasonable rate. A travel Agent recommended the Tamarajin. Amy suggestions?

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 05:56 PM
eshelton

We stayed at the "sister resort" to the Tamarjin - the Divi in 2000. We thought it was great. We're not really into the high rise hotels, and the Divi was perfect. You also get access to the Tamarjin. Good luck with your wedding and honeymoon planning!

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 06:11 PM
Susan

Mick -

Are you sure you want an all inclusive?

The reason why I ask this is because we met many people while we were also on our honeymoon that stayed at all inclusives and were sorry they had. They said the food wasn't all that great.

If you are looking for a high rise though, the Allegro is on the high rise, but again, it is all inclusive, it is pretty, but can get very loud at times.

We stayed at the Marriott for our honeymoon and went back 2 times since. Loved it...it was extremely romantic with a waterfall in the swimming pool. It was the last of the high rise so you could really appreciate the seclusion of the resort.

October is a wonderful time to visit Aruba because it is off season for tourism...or at least for children. You will be surrounded by honeymooners which is wonderful!!

You will enjoy your very special honeymoon wherever you stay. Just please do keep in mind, that there are many affordable restaurants, etc.

We knew we did not pay as much as an all inclusive would end up costing us.
It is your honeymoon, so you do want to splurge a little!

Have fun and enjoy

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 04:51 AM
Amanda

The Tamarjin is in the low-rise area and very laid back and casual. Their sister resort the Divi is a step up and seemed to have more couples and less families than the Tam (we didn't stay at either for our honeymoon but visited with a couple we met who were stayng there). I suggest if you are looking for good rates contact Travel Unlimited (we used them and saved over what our TA was offerring) as they specialize in Aruba. You can see some pricing on their website http://www.travelunlimited.com

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 12:38 PM
Kimmy

I stayed at the Divi last October, it had just been remodeled and was a very nice place. Wasn't fancy but was clean and nicely decorated. I would recommend staying here instead of the Tam, when we went there to eat there was always a sewer smell as you approached it. The Divi is a lot better for just a little more $$$. The beach is better too!!!

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 11:10 AM
Cariblover

There are over 75 great restaurants in Aruba not all are expensive. I do not recommend all inclusive in Aruba, but if you do then book at the Allegro Resort.