POINT GRACE?

Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 11:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
POINT GRACE?

My husband and I just found out we can get away in March, and have wanted to walk the beach in Turks & Caicos for almost 10 years. This may be the year! Is Point Grace worth the money? We're approaching 60, and would like a nice and somewhat quiet place on the beach. Their "poolside" rooms would be the most we can afford. Any place better you would recommend? Thanks!
Old Jan 4th, 2007, 05:33 AM

Point Grace is a very nice, Quite place to stay a few oters you may want to look into are The Somerset, Royal West Indies, Villa Reniassance, and the Turks and Caicos Club.
There are some condos for rent by owners from the Villa Renaissance and the Royal West Indies on www.vrbo.com web site for reasonable prices.
This may save you a few $$$ to go out for a few fancy dinners.
You will love walking on that beach.
Old Jan 4th, 2007, 06:37 AM

I stayed at Point Grace a number of years ago when it was the new upscale place to stay. The poolside rooms are charming (we didn't stay in one but took a look) but I can't say they'd be my choice. It's the oceanview rooms that are the highlight at Point Grace as they are very large (actually condos) and luxorious -- marble, every amenity, etc. Now that there are so many other upscale choices available --do you really want to stay at a Grace Bay resort without a view? Most of the properties have ocean views. I guess it depends on if a view is important to you. Personally, I would choose an oceanfront room at Royal West Indies rather than a poolside room at Point Grace the view is a worth it in my opinion.
Old Jan 4th, 2007, 06:57 AM
Original Poster

Thanks! I will check out your recommendations. Since I'm sitting here in Minnesota, an ocean view sounds like heaven!
Old Jan 4th, 2007, 08:03 AM

I'm from MN too and have been to Provo 4 X's. If you want to pay the price for luxury then go for Grace Bay but you can be on the same beach with a nice condo for a lot less at either Ocean Club or Royal West Indies. I'm always looking for a deal and I know that's not everyone's idea of travel, but it works for me.
Old Jan 6th, 2007, 07:19 AM

I'd choose Point Grace or Turks and Caicos Club because they are nice AND quiet. Royal West Indies is next to club Med. Both have good restaurants, too (Grace's Cottage) and Simba and the tc-club.

www.pointgrace.com

www.turksandcaicosclub.com
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 11:15 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone! We decided to take the "pool cottage" at Point Grace for the week March 16th-23rd. We also are mostly never in our room when we're at the ocean, so I'm hoping I made the right choice. I read the posts about resaurants on the island, so we should be in good shape. Thanks again!
Old Jan 9th, 2007, 01:05 PM

We stayed in a poolside room at Point Grace and loved it. I have an old trip report posted here that describes the room in detail:

http://www.caribtravelnews.com/c0301_03.htm#turlara
Old Jan 9th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for your trip report to Point Grace! It sounds exactly like what I was expecting. My husband will just be finishing a 4 week trial, and wants to do nothing but walk the beach and eat nice dinners! Thanks again,

Feiny01