Search

Negril Accomodations

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 07:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Negril Accomodations

We'll be traveling to Jamaica with 2 teenagers in June. WE've been considering Negril Beach Club Condos, Country Country, Cocolapalm, and Idle Awhile. Any advice on any of these resorts? Location and things to do nearby would be important.
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 07:42 AM

Idle Awhile, Coco La Palm, Country Country, Negril Beach Club Condos in that order, in my opinion. IA is the most upscale beachfront hotel on the beach. Keep in mind that there is no pool if your kids like that sort of thing. IA has less than 20 rooms of various sizes and locations. Coco La Palm is where we stay every year. The staff is unbelievable and it is the most family friendly place on the beach in my opinion. There are two pools on the property. It is adjacent to IA and the stretch of beach in that area is the best! Both places are walking distance to all the beach front bars and restaurants and far enough away from the later evening reggae parties. I’d stick with those two properties. I have been traveling to Negril since 1985. Still our favorite in the Caribbean!
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 09:03 AM

I agree with Caribbean Soul, except I rate Coco above Idle Awhile. I have also stayed at Coco many times, twice a year if possible. It is very family friendly and has 2 pools, 1 specifically for families. The staff treates you like family once you get to know them, and they will take care of your every wish or need. Coco is also on the best part of the beach, and things are walkable in both directions. I really wouldn't pursue Negril Beach Club condos, and I think most of the rooms at Country Country have 1 king bed, and the room furniture is wooden and looks uncomfortable (I have personally checked on this place- it is nice, but I wouldn't say it's a family place). Read the guestbook for Coco at www.cocolapalm.com it speaks for itself, they get many repeaters like Caribbean Soul and myself (they know me as one of the Indy Girls-you can also see some great pictures of the rooms, etc...). Have a great time in Negril!
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 10:25 AM

if price and value are an issue i would say negril beach condos www.negrill.com

if price is not a worry than i would go with the exact recommendations of csoul in that same order

idle awhile is the cream of the crop...their one bedroom unit should be able to accommodate you guys

coco is nice as well and has a resort feel to it....everything i could think of was right there and as stated nice wide beach front

country country is down a ways and you guys maybe somewhat cramp
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 10:53 AM

I'm traveling to Jamaica with my boyfriend and we are looking for an upscale smaller place to stay. Any suggestions?
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 01:21 PM

I would also recommend Idle Awhile....best spot on the beach with nice rooms...... right next to Cocolapalm. If you are staying in the rooms (vs. the one-bdrm suite) ask for room 104 or 204. They have a distant view of the beach through the landscaping. Rooms 103 and 203 are also beachfront but are right next to Cocolapalm so they aren't as bright and airy and there are AC units from Cocolapalm that you can hear when you are sleeping.
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 03:00 PM

catherine25
I would agree with CocoLapalm and Idle Awhile for you. We stayed at CLP and we liked at alot, they also have a nice jacuzzi which we used alot surrounded by lots of pretty foilage. We did not use the pools there, beach is just too nice. We stayed in the beachfront rooms. There is a quad of 2 uppers and 2 lowers literally steps from the beach and a great view including sunsets. IA gets rave reviews as well and is right next to CLP. I only saw their most basic unit, but it looked roomy enough and comfortable. Large outdoor porch with couch. Only downside, the view was the back of CLP units. I'm sure their higher tier rooms would have a better view. If we return, which I'm sure we will, we will stay at CLP again. Very nice staff and personalized service.
Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 04:52 PM

chesney,
Does your screen name mean that you are a Kenny Chesney fan?

Christie