Negril Beach Hotel Help

Search

Negril Beach Hotel Help

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Negril Beach Hotel Help

I would like to thank everyone for the help they have provided with me so far. I am spending 8 nights with my boyfriend in Jamaica May 25-June 2. We are 23 years old and young professionals. Our original plan was 4 days on the Negril Cliffs at Blue Cave Castle then 4 nights in Treasure Beach.

My boyfriend, however, has been very stressed with work and want to just stay in one place that is more touristy. After our trip to Europe and Egypt last summer I just think he wants total relaxation and so he wants to stay at the Negril Beach for our 4 nights after the Blue Cave Castle.

I think we have narrowed down our choices to Rondel Village, SeaSplash Resort, and Whistling Bird. They are all similar in price so we really want to choose based on where we will feel most relaxed. I think we are leaning towards Rondel since it seems to be on a good part of the beach with a pool, and is not too big. Does anyone have any insight on any of these properties to sway me one way or the other? They honestly all look great to me right now! Our preference is great beach and restaurants/nightlife nearby and a pool is a plus. Also a good "vibe," if you know whta I mean.

Thanks!
Old Jan 6th, 2007, 06:41 PM

I would rank them RV, SS, WB in that order. Rondel is a great place on an awesome stretch of beach with a great beach bar called "Irie on the Beach". Have a great time....you made a nice choice. We'll be in Jamaica the same time as you...not in Negril, however.
Old Jan 6th, 2007, 06:44 PM

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/4...108AcMWTdi5ctU
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 09:59 AM

It's hard to rank them as they are pretty different.

Rondel has more modern amenities - AC, phones, TV, pool, etc, but Whistling Bird has much nicer grounds/gardens and more of a tropical feel...the cottages there are all wood and built to stay cool without AC. Rondel is quite a bit larger in terms of rooms, WB is a small resort - maybe 6 cottages total. Both have great staffs.

Seasplash I really am not familiar with.

Blue Cave remains one of my favorite places in Jamaica...a very unique vibe there for sure
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 10:08 AM

We didn't stay at SeaSplash but we had dinner at their restaurant, Norma's. My husband and I noted how narrow the beach was at that location.
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 02:41 PM

My wife and I spent 3 nights at the WB in February 2005. It was a good choice because we were located almost center of Negril Beach. While the rooms are fairly basic, they are quite comfortable and included a huge shower with plenty of hot water. With less than 20 rooms available the place had a nice homey atmosphere. The WB does not have a pool.
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 07:52 PM

Traveling the time of year that you are...AC is a definite in my book. It gets very warm and humid that time of year in Negril. It is hard to "rank" certain properties as everyone is different. From what you lay out as priorities...I believe Rondel is your best choice. Very nice rooms, with AC and with a nice pool. The other two really don't compare, in my opinion.
Old Jan 12th, 2007, 06:27 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the help... I am starting to think, although I don't normally travel this way, to just do 4 nights in Blue Cave Castle and look for a place for the next four nights on the beach during that time. It seems like it is pretty low season the last week of May, and then I can check out the places and see which one I vibe with...

Do any "Jamaica experts" see a flaw with this plan? Will I be charged more by walking up? Any chance on a discount? Will I find all the more budget places on the beach full?

Thanks!!!
Old Jan 12th, 2007, 08:58 AM

I do see a major flaw as I did exactly the same thing the first time I stayed in Negril...we booked 4 nights at Blue Cave, as you did, and planned to spend the next 4 on the beach. We checked out a few beach hotels when we rented a motorcycle.

We decided none of them could compare to BCC in price, vibe, or quality of accommodation and so stayed there the entire trip!

We didn't make it to a beach hotel until the following year when we brought our young children (too young for the cliffs).

So fair warning...you may never leave the west end

You may find this very detailed map helpful for locating hotels, restaurants, shops, cambios, etc:

http://www.alink.com/personal/liz/ne...pnegrilmap.htm

There are two versions you can print, one for 8.5x11 and one for 11x17.

Please tell Susan at BCC that ohliz says hi