Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Couples Negril. May I have some input on this property please?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2004, 04:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are the beaches really nice? Any opinion on the clothing optional...is it as nice as the regular one? How is the food? Does the hotel offer 24-hour room service. Is there much in the way of nightlife?
Old Feb 21st, 2004, 08:01 AM

I haven't stayed at COUPLES, but just returned from my 20th trip to Negril, and can honestly tell you that the beach is one of the prettiest I've seen anywhere in the world.

Couples is on a quieter section of the beach, which is shared by Swept Away and Beaches. If you walked about fifteen minutes down the beach, headed toward town, you'd find lots of restaurants , small bars, and clubs. There is also a vibrant nightlife in the West End on the Cliffs, which would be about a fifteen minute drive from Couples. Negril itself doesn't really "close" for the night until about 2 AM. There's always music at some club or another, either on the beach or at the cliffs.

Good luck, and have fun!
Old Feb 22nd, 2004, 03:49 AM

We were there last year. The beach is very nice. Very shallow a long way out. No waves.

The food at this resort is outstanding. They have 24 hour room service, although we never used it.

Nightlife is pretty non-existent, as this is mostly couples. But you can take a taxi to Negril and go to roots bamboo or several other places for evening entertainment.

There was a lot going on during the day. We had a lively crowd that enjoyed pool volleyball and such.

We didnt do clothing optional, so I can't comment.

Overall, this is a very nice resort. We would definitely go back if we just wanted to veg out.

Have fun
Old Feb 22nd, 2004, 06:38 AM

I thought that part of the beach was "nude". It was nice. There is a hedgerow dividing it from the main beach. Lots of chairs to sun in. There is a little kiosk cart with drinks.

We enjoyed it, almost by ourselves.There would be the occaisional couple wander in, but we were pretty much the Lone Rangers that week.

It isn't private, like having your own stall in a bathroom. Folks do walk by.
Old Feb 23rd, 2004, 04:10 AM

Isn't Couples on Bloody Bay with Grand Lido on one side and the Riu Tropical Bay on the other?
Old Feb 23rd, 2004, 01:44 PM

yes
Old Feb 23rd, 2004, 02:13 PM

The eastern end of Negril
Old Feb 24th, 2004, 04:31 AM

Message: My husband and I just returned from 7 nights at Couples Negril on 2-23-04. We had a problem with items being stolen from our room during our stay. Management and security took our report, but they did not seem overly concerned and no reimbursement was mentioned. Overall we did have a good time. The grounds of the resort are beautiful, the food is good, and the workers are friendly. The rooms do need refurbishing badly, and this along with the theft issue would make me not return, or be able to recommend it to anyone. For the money you pay to stay here I think you can do a lot better! The only room service offered is a continental breakfast. There is not much in the way of nightlife, just a band that plays at dinner and a piano bar at 10:30pm and that's about it. Feel free to e-mail me for further details.