Search

Montego Bay or Negril?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 06:51 AM
Tiffany

Montego Bay or Negril?

I am having a hard time deciding on staying in Montego Bay or Negril? I have been looking at Sandals Royal Caribbean and it seems nice with the off shore island. But it sounds like to me Negril would have nicer beaches. If so, what's a good all-inclusive in Negril? How is Sandals Negril?<BR><BR>Please spare me any Jamaica bashing and any Sandals bashing. I have heard it all! I have made my choice for Jamaica and I might possible stay at a Sandals (not for sure) so PLEASE, spare me. Any suggestions anyone??

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 07:02 AM
Zippy

Although SRC is truely a wonderful resort, it's beaches are not that large. However, you can take the free shuttle over to SMB (Sandals Mo Bay) and enjoy the large nice beach there whenever you want to for free. I've never been to Negril but I'm sure it's nice. I loved SRC and for sure am going back.

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 08:19 AM
RobinL

Just had to chip in on this one. I really like Jamaica, but I LOVE Negril. Just a different kind of vibe in Negril. In Negril you either stay on the Cliffs or you stay down on 7 mile beach. The 7-mile beach is superb. My last stay was at a very nice, ocean front small resort called CoCo La Palm. I believe you can purchase a meal plan, but in Negril there are plenty of places within walking distance to choose from. Check out the website for this resort if you're considering Negril. Also, we did the plane ride r/t from the Moby airport to Negril to avoid the drive and thought it was well worth the cost. Have a great trip.

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 11:21 AM
Kim

We have stayed at both resorts. We found Negril to be a very laid back and relaxing resort. Wonderful beach and great sunset. The food was very good and the staff super.Negril is a much smaller resort then MB. MB is a very active resort. We found the selection of food to be better at MB. The beach is also very good at MB. The resort itself is alot older and needs some updating but it was very nice. The entertainment and staff is wonderful and shows alot of involvement with guests at MB. Sandals Negril was our first Sandals and our favorite! The Royal Caribbean was too stuffy for us while we were there. Much older crowd and not very lively.The resort itself is beautiful but too low key for us. The beach is small at RC.Email me if you like or have any ?'s.

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 07:06 AM
B.Hall

I have been to both, if you want a beach it is no contest it has to be negril. I was very disappointed in Montego bay and said I wouldn't return but a good deal made me try negril. I have been all over the islands and just loved the beaches in Negril. Three other couples went with us and we will all return as soon as we can. We stayed at beaches inn which is small and cheaper, but we used sandals, and beaches. The small resort was just fine since we got a two bedroom on the ocean and overlooking the pool. The resturants at the sandals and beaches had the best food and service ever. It turned out to be our best vacation ever.

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 09:26 AM
Angela

It depends on whether you want a party-atmosphere, or a more laid back.....I just returned from Negril yesterday, and it was gorgeous! We stayed on the beach in Bloody Bay, the water was so clear you could see the bottom from miles out! We wanted a more romantic type of vacation, so we stayed at Couples Negril, which is an all-inclusive couples only...was a truly wonderful experience. Everyone was so friendly, and the response to everything we asked was &quot;NO PROMLEM MON&quot;, it is very catchy! <BR><BR>In negril, there are also many caves and cliffs to explore! I am sure Montego Bay is also beautiful, but again, it depends what type of vacation you are looking for!

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 12:01 PM
liza

MoBay = city<BR><BR>Negril = smaller town with lots of little hotels, bars and restaurants.<BR><BR>I much prefer Negril and since the new road is finished, I understand the ride is only about an hour now. Unless you stop for red stripes and such along the way