Little Dix help

Jan 26th, 2005, 07:03 AM
Original Poster

Little Dix help

Decided to go with Little Dix for our June honeymoon. Can anyone give me input on the rooms and daily recommneded activities? We have booked the meal pkg., is this worth it? Also, are all the renovations I've read about complete? Thanks for the help.
Jan 26th, 2005, 09:55 AM

All great questions that I myself would like answered for a trip in November. So, I am tagging along on your message to track the responses you get.
Jan 28th, 2005, 01:25 PM

I'd get at least a "premium" room as they are larger - then next step are the beachfront cottages/premium cottage - I think it possible you might get an upgrade - honeymoon and all as June is sort of a slow time (And you can join some trvale clubs and guarantee an upgrade - which is worth more than the price of the club as a general rule). There aren't many ocean view or garden view rooms anymore. We like being at the "ends" of the resort rather than the middle but that means you are walking a lot (especially if you are using the spa and are at the "non-spa" end but there are golf cart shuttles some during the day). Definitely enjoy the beach and water at LDB - the snorkeling is good and easy if you've never snorkeled before - also, the snorkeling/dive trips arranged by Dive BVI are good - you're on a power boat so you can get someplace quickly to snorkel - we're only snorkelers not scuba. Lay on the beach, order a drink, etc., etc., Definitely do some things at the spa. Definitely do a sunset cruise (ask the captain to stop at Saba Rock) - it will be full of honeymooers. Definitely take advantage of the free beach drops (and maybe buy a lunch to bring along). Definitely rent a jeep and drive around the island for a day. Of course the Baths (but also Devils Bay and Spring Bay/The Crawl/Little Trunk Bay which are adjacent to the Baths). Top of the Baths and Mad Dogs (definitely Mad Dogs). A day sail or a catamaran dail sail. You can start with the meal plan and then drop it after a few days. You might look into the "packages" - some offer breakfast every day (which you'll want) but not dinner every night - and then you can go off property and try someplace else - many choices - Biras Creek is especially cool for a honeymooning couple. We always like the Manager's Cocktail party (has always been on monday nights in the past) but we've never eaten at the fancy buffet that follows (my wife doesn't like buffets no matter how fancy - an inherited quirk from her mother). But, people speak very highly of the Little Dix seafood buffet night (I think it is $75 -85 a person if you're not on a meal plan - so if you are - the meal plan is a deal that day). We went on the "beach BBQ" for the first time last time - and actually enjoyed it - we had our 3 year old daughter and she enjoyed some of the games with the "young honeymooners" (we're old now - went on our honeymoon more than 10 years ago at LDB and have been back almost every other year since). We are looking forward to the new pool. We've always loved it. Don't be in a hurry - service is very good but no one's in a hurry. The tennis facilities are very nice if you are tennis players.
Feb 6th, 2005, 06:52 AM

Just returned from 5 days/4 nights at LDB. Stayed in a second floor Premium Room (was a free upgrade from a Garden View Room). Couldn't have been nicer. We layed on the beach for a day, traveled to Spring Bay for the Thursday LDB barbecue another day, traveled to the Baths and Devils Bay the next day. Had a nice dinner at Chez Bamboo in Spanish Town one night (walking distance from the resort). Ate on site for our other dinners -- twice at the Pavilion and once at the Sugar Mill. LDB food was really outstanding. Also did the daily morning breakfast buffet at the Pavilion, which was a great way to start each day. The new pool is open and beautiful. Sits amidst the boulders adjacent to the Pavilion with a nice view over the bay. Everything about LDB was classy, relaxing, and memorable. It's not inexpensive, but since our teenage kids are old enough now to take care of themselves, it's a romantic getaway my wife and I had been saving up for a couple of years. Enjoy!
Feb 7th, 2005, 06:28 PM

We went to Little Dix last May for our 20th anniversary- loved it! They upgraded our room to a premium room- last building-second floor....I would not do the meal plan- so many fun...restaurants-we only ate one night at the resort...there is a beautiful place down the road-on the water- for breakfast- alot more reasonable than the resort buffet-hope this helps! If you are looking for quiet and beautiful setting- this is the place. They had no pool- other than at the spa- so that is a nice addition! Hope the construction is done up on the hill- they were building villas- only noise factor when we were there. Enjoy your stay! Susan